So Who's Gone Skydiving?

SoberChef

Going to FINALLY experience this on Saturday and it's been a goal of mine to do since watching Point Break way back in the early 90's! Just curious for those who have gone, what are some good things to know, things to be aware of, all of that goodness?

Also, feel free to recommend a good line when leaving the aircraft, I was thinking "Bombs Away!" :lol:

Did it once, great experience but doubt I would do it again.

For your first jump, you don't really do anything, just follow instructions on how to exit the plane and enjoy the ride. Maybe get an idea of some cool poses if you're buying the video of your jump, I didn't really do anything so my pics/vid is kinda lame, haha. On landing, get your legs up, rather land ass first then get your legs caught underneath.

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sharkdiving with no cage?

Another on my list of things to do. Love sharks, they are THE most beautiful sea creatures. Scuba diving is already something I love greatly, just gotta get to the ocean & do it proper! Ultimate dream would be the south coast of Australia about mid May when there is a lot of Great Whites & Whale sharks migrating through.

• 2 weeks later...

The first and only time I went SCUBA diving I didn't decompress my ears properly (or whatever it's called) by holding my nose tight and blowing, so when I finished my ears were hurting for days. I just hope it didn't cause any permanent damage. 

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

The first and only time I went SCUBA diving I didn't decompress my ears properly (or whatever it's called) by holding my nose tight and blowing, so when I finished my ears were hurting for days. I just hope it didn't cause any permanent damage. 

That IS sorta rude but I have been not only posting, but also creating threads, so that should have been evidence that it all worked out right?

It was one of THE best experiences of my life for sure & cannot wait to go back in September when the trees are changing!

• Like 1
  • Halal 2