Why is there no Call of Duty for Switch?!?

GameDadGrant

5 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Nothing made for the Wii U worked out for anyone. LOL 

God that system sucked. 

The Wii U had three things going for it. Nintendo Land, Mario Party 10, and Wii Party U. Nothing else worked as well as Nintendo was hoping.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The Wii U had three things going for it. Nintendo Land, Mario Party 10, and Wii Party U. Nothing else worked as well as Nintendo was hoping.

I'm assuming you mean in sales, but the Wii U had a great library of First Party titles. So great that some made up the bulk of Switch Frist Party titles for awhile. 

Xenoblade X

BOTW

The two Zelda remasters

Mario Kart 8

Smash U

Super Mario 3D World

New Super Mario Bro. U

Splatoon

Yoshi's Woolly World

Super Mario Maker

Bayonetta 2

Pikmin 3

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

53 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm assuming you mean in sales, but the Wii U had a great library of First Party titles. So great that some made up the bulk of Switch Frist Party titles for awhile. 

Xenoblade X

BOTW

The two Zelda remasters

Mario Kart 8

Smash U

Super Mario 3D World

New Super Mario Bro. U

Splatoon

Yoshi's Woolly World

Super Mario Maker

Bayonetta 2

Pikmin 3

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Nothing of the sort. I mean that those are the only games that actually justified the console's existence. I had a Wii U and enjoyed a bunch of games on it, but none of those games really justified the console's expensive controller. This is doubly so when you realize it came at the cost of performance and price.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

No, no and no.

I *might* give a pass to Super Mario Maker as a quality reason to have a Wii U. But those three games?! Really? 

I mean, you do you, but I’ll pass. Wii U sucked, plain and simple. IMHO, anyway.

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

No, no and no.

I *might* give a pass to Super Mario Maker as a quality reason to have a Wii U. But those three games?! Really? 

I mean, you do you, but I’ll pass. Wii U sucked, plain and simple. IMHO, anyway.

Those three games are among the best couch multiplayer games to have ever been made. Nintendo Land, alone, accounts for so many hours late into the night with friends and booze, it isn't even funny. Mario Chase and Ghost Mansion can make and unmake friends.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

I mean that those are the only games that actually justified the console's existence.

Yeah. But I feel the say way about the switch. Both have been out the same amount of time and both lack blockbuster games. Not that they don't have any. But like without all the Wii U ports the Switch is lacking. Or without the ports the switch is on par with the Wii U. 

29 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yeah. But I feel the say way about the switch. Both have been out the same amount of time and both lack blockbuster games. Not that they don't have any. But like without all the Wii U ports the Switch is lacking. Or without the ports the switch is on par with the Wii U. 

Nah, the Switch justifies its existence on concept alone. It's just the next Nintendo handheld in line after the 3DS. It's an Ultra Gameboy that can dock. It doesn't have to justify itself beyond that. The problem with the Wii U was that there weren't many games that actually made use of the second screen in any good way that wouldn't have been better on the 3DS. Every "good" Wii U game that made good use of the second screen would have been better on the 3DS. The only exception being couch multiplayer games.

Don't get me wrong. I sunk many hours playing Xenoblade Chronicles X in stream to tablet mode while my kids watched TV, but that experience was short lived and topped by the Switch.

Everything the Wii U did, the Switch does better minus couch multiplayer in the vein of those three games I listed before. I have my gaming PC and Switch and I still but a ton of Switch games not by Nintendo because of the form factor. I never once looked at my Wii U and gaming PC and thought I'd rather have the game on my Wii U. That's not the case with the Switch.

If I were the type that never gamed on a Switch in handheld, I'd fully agree with you, but my time is split 70/30 with handheld mode winning out.

8 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

This is most likely. 

And also the most intelligent post in the entire thread.

I said the same thing and you said I was dumb. Make up your mind!

8 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

The fug is Apex?

A very popular FPS that they ported to the switch. You should play it and forget that COD exists.

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

The Wii U was actually a great system. I prefer it vastly over the switch. The best games the switch has are all Wii U titles. 

I wouldn't go quite that far.  I enjoyed a lot of the Wii U library, and think Nintendo actually supported it better much of the time.

But I can't think of any Wii U games I prefer now over Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread and Xenoblade 2/Torna ... other than BoTW itself.  Maybe DK:TF will hang once I get around to it.  3D World doesn't get quite there for me.

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Don't get me wrong. I sunk many hours playing Xenoblade Chronicles X in stream to tablet mode while my kids watched TV, but that experience was short lived and topped by the Switch.

Torna alone is a better game than X, IMO.  I'd like to see a sequel to the latter someday, but not without some serious structural improvements and revamped skell combat.

• Halal 1

14 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

ZombieU was a blast. Best experience on that crap console. 

Activision had to have done the analysis and saw that making CoD for switch was pointless, for a bunch of good reasons. It's pointless to devote a team to build a game for a console that just doesn't sell traditional shooters like the other consoles do. Nintendo has a huge audience, but a huge portion of it have no interest in shooters at all. I know a lot of people with Switches, but most of them aren't interested in shooters. Those that are have no interest in playing shooters at 20-30fps with pop in everywhere. People who primarily play shooters didn't buy a switch as their primary console. 

Then there's Nintendo's terrible online services. Why would anyone want to work within their terrible framework? 

Then theres the fact that the franchise has historically sold terribly on Nintendo consoles. 

Whats weird is that its so difficult for you to understand why they won't spend 100+ million dollars to create a COD only you want 😜 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Whats weird is that its so difficult for you to understand why they won't spend 100+ million dollars to create a COD only you want 😜 

He admitted, not even HE wants it.

18 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Again, I don’t even want it! I don’t like FPS games. It’s just weird that this franchise isn’t on Switch.

What Is Going On Season 7 GIF by One Chicago

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Those three games are among the best couch multiplayer games to have ever been made. Nintendo Land, alone, accounts for so many hours late into the night with friends and booze, it isn't even funny. Mario Chase and Ghost Mansion can make and unmake friends.

It makes me irrationally angry that we don’t have a full Mario Chase game for Switch. I’d buy it in a heartbeat. It was such a simple concept, with absolutely pitch perfect execution. We also played a ton of the Zelda game on Nintendoland. My wife, who doesn’t play games, actually ran a perfect game with me on it back in the day after hours and hours of us playing it.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

It makes me irrationally angry that we don’t have a full Mario Chase game for Switch. I’d buy it in a heartbeat. It was such a simple concept, with absolutely pitch perfect execution. We also played a ton of the Zelda game on Nintendoland. My wife, who doesn’t play games, actually ran a perfect game with me on it back in the day after hours and hours of us playing it.

Zelda can be very difficult when you've got five people and most of them are not operating at full capacity. Still a blast, though. Same goes for Pikmin. The Animal Crossing game lead to more screaming than anything else. I'm shocked neighbors didn't think someone was being murdered.

Anyone that doesn't think Nintendo Land is one of the greatest multiplayer experiences out there just doesn't know enough fun people in their lives. Hell, I've had a blast with Mario Chase with my parents PLUS the mother-in-law during one of my son's birthdays; neither of which have played games since Frogger was the slickest game in arcades. People screaming at each other. I think my parents were divorced at some point. It was still a blast.

On 5/24/2022 at 7:46 AM, BloodyHell said:

ZombieU was a blast. Best experience on that crap console. 

Activision had to have done the analysis and saw that making CoD for switch was pointless, for a bunch of good reasons. It's pointless to devote a team to build a game for a console that just doesn't sell traditional shooters like the other consoles do. Nintendo has a huge audience, but a huge portion of it have no interest in shooters at all. I know a lot of people with Switches, but most of them aren't interested in shooters. Those that are have no interest in playing shooters at 20-30fps with pop in everywhere. People who primarily play shooters didn't buy a switch as their primary console. 

I think there is probably some truth to that. But we have no idea what the actual truth is. It's just weird. Activision made Call of Duty for the original Wii and DS, for crying out loud. Why not Switch? An exclusive, made-from-the-ground-up for Switch could be something. And avoid those "20-30 fps and pop up" you've mentioned. I dunno. It feels like a missed opportunity, but maybe it isn't. I think it could sell. I mean, they put Call of Duty on phones, and we all know damn well people don't buy phones to play FPS games, LOL. :p 

Then there's Nintendo's terrible online services. Why would anyone want to work within their terrible framework? 

"Terrible." LOL. Programmers know how to make good online games for Switch. They put games on PSN. We've all seen how "stellar" that infrastructure works. LOL. :p 

Then theres the fact that the franchise has historically sold terribly on Nintendo consoles. 

That's not really true. The franchise has sold millions on Nintendo in the past. And made a profit for the company, especially with the lower development costs of those version. 

I don't know if they have to spend that much money on a smaller-scale CoD game. It's weird that there is literally no presence of that franchise on the platform. And again, *I* don't want it! It's just weird. It's also weird that there is so much push-back on the idea here. Haters gonna hate, I guess? *shrugs*