All new PS+ game lineup announced (Returnal, Miles Morales, Death Stranding, Ghosts of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, Gravity Rush, PS4 Uncharteds, more), you can eventually play PS1/PSP Classics you already own without needing PS+ or buying them again

SaysWho?

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Which tier do I need to subscribe to to re-download existing purchases again? :confused:

None. It's been posted about here and stated directly from sony that you won't. I mean for christ sake if you even watched the youtube video I posted yesterday the person showed this off. 

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The joke doesn't make any sense, dude. :p 

The joke is people (well gamer.tv at least) keep asking what tier it is to download a thing and even though it's stated in the OP that you don't need to subscribe to download it if you previously own it, that is the joke I'm making.

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The joke is people (well gamer.tv at least) keep asking what tier it is to download a thing and even though it's stated in the OP that you don't need to subscribe to download it if you previously own it, that is the joke I'm making.

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

I am subbed to the highest tier at this point for 2 years. I am interested to try the service out. While it’s nice to have the option to play Dino Crisis on the deck, I can’t even get Xbox Game Pass streaming working on the device! I doubt I can figure out how to get Dino Crisis to play on it. 

• Sad 1

STORE.PLAYSTATION.COM

自らの技にさらなる磨きをかけ 最強の拳、「鉄拳」を持つ者 今再びここに……

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Spoiler

Unsure when this will be corrected but the price to purchase is¥99,999 ($769.57 US). Tekken 2 & Mr Driller seem to have this crazy price. The rest of the PS1 games have normal prices ¥1,100 ($8.50 US)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for the few that care. The service is live today in US/Canada. No big surprises but 1 new classic was the addition of Resident Evil DC (Ps1) to the service. I noticed while the service was glitching early this morning that it showed that my sony ps1 titles were up for download that I had previously purchased. Yet with that said people are seeing that the namco titles don't let you download them if you had previously purchased them but did not upgrade to the highest tier (Boo namco!!)

So my thoughts on the service so far after messing with it last night.

+ PS1 classics are actually pretty good. Sure they're not as good as running them through duckstation with it's corrections for ps1 limitations but it's much better than PS Classic and i'd argue playing them on a vita tv/ps3.

- PSP games need a lot of work. The 3D is fine but the 2D is just blurry shit. This must be fixed !!!
- The Classics library is hot garbage for what sony is charging for the top tier. This list needs to be boosted fast!!

+ You can download the released ps1 classics if you previously owned it without needing to repurchase or subscribe to the service.

- Namco & Capcom are not participating in the above (bullshit imo)

- PS Now is still PSNow. It's not a bad idea but when I cued up a bunch of ps1/psp/ps4 games to download I thought hey I can kill some time by playing a ps3 game via streaming but it took so long to get into a game that 1/2 of my cued downloads were done and ready to play by the time I got into a race (was playing motorstorm).

+ Providing you don't go out buying everything there is a good selection of games for PS4/PS5 that you get instant access to

= I have not given game trials a shot yet. Will try over the weekend.

TL;DR - If you're not someone who buys a bunch of games it's not a bad service to sign up for. You get access to a bunch of really good games, including some smaller titles you might have not thought to give a chance to (like Ys), Game trials to new titles and PS1 classics are not half bad providing they can increase the library quickly.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

It's ok as a service. I upgraded to the top tier. Honestly, I expected far more games ready.

I'd say that is the biggest knock against the service right now. There should have been a lot more specially on the classics side.

33 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Originals

See my laughing dino picture. Same thing happen in japan, you can't actually buy it. It's because namco doesn't want to allow you to purchase the games and this is how it shows up in PSN. =/

28 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I'd say that is the biggest knock against the service right now. There should have been a lot more specially on the classics side.

See my laughing dino picture. Same thing happen in japan, you can't actually buy it. It's because namco doesn't want to allow you to purchase the games and this is how it shows up in PSN. =/

If they had given me the Lunar PS1 games, I might have been more forgiving. 

I own the ps1 box sets, but hate opening them. I want a digital edition.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

If they had given me the Lunar PS1 games, I might have been more forgiving. 

I own the ps1 box sets, but hate opening them. I want a digital edition.

I'm a bit impressed they gave us RE1 DC when there are the RE remakes but hopefully in due time we will see a lot more. Day 1 the size of the collection is straight up balls for the price. I have hope though because ps1 game library on PS3/PSP were pretty shit out the gate before it got better.

• Halal 1

55 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I plan on getting the highest tier, but, also, I'll be waiting a couple months :silly:

Wise choice. I only jumped in early to take advantage of the PSNow stacking but once my sub expires next year I probably won't re-up unless the classics library grows quickly.

25 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Wise choice. I only jumped in early to take advantage of the PSNow stacking but once my sub expires next year I probably won't re-up unless the classics library grows quickly.

I'm mostly waiting for more games to pop on. Hopefully the PS5 versions of the Uncharted games and/or Gran Turismo 

40 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I browsed the list and it has a few titles I’d like to play that I haven’t gotten to, but I’m underwhelmed by the classic lineup so far. I’m gonna sit on it for a while, but I’d love to be talked into it with a better library. 

But what about you hyping yourself into buying it a couple days ago? :p

5 hours ago, chakoo said:

I posted the Tweet because I found Harada’s reaction to it to be pretty funny

i downloaded Demon Souls and Returnal. I hope Sony adds SackBoy A Big Adventure to the service. It’s an underrated PS5 launch game.