All new PS+ game lineup announced (Returnal, Miles Morales, Death Stranding, Ghosts of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, Gravity Rush, PS4 Uncharteds, more), you can eventually play PS1/PSP Classics you already own without needing PS+ or buying them again

SaysWho?

2fcbffd0e16974e03751385e98868b95604f7623
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Ape Escape, Super Stardust Portable,Syphon Filter, and Tekken 2, are among the classic games with a new user experience.

PlayStation Studios

Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games,  PS5
Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla, PS4
Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio,  PS4
Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4

Third Party-Partners

Ashen | Annapurna Interactive,PS4
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
Batman: Arkham Knight | WB Games, PS4
Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
Far Cry 3 Remaster*** | Ubisoft, PS4
Far Cry 4*** | Ubisoft, PS4
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
For Honor*** | Ubisoft, PS4
Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4 
Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
South Park: The Fractured but Whole*** | Ubisoft, PS4
The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
The Crew 2*** | Ubisoft, PS4
Tom Clancy’s The Division*** | Ubisoft, PS4

PS1/PSP Classics:

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of select games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase. 

PlayStation Studios 

Ape Escape | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation 
Hot Shots Golf | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
I.Q. Intelligent Qube | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
Jumping Flash! | Japan Studio, Original PlayStation
Syphon Filter | Bend Studio, Original PlayStation
Super Stardust Portable | Housemarque, PSP

Third Party Partners

Mr. Driller | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation 
Tekken 2 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., Original PlayStation 
Worms World Party | Team 17, Original PlayStation 
Worms Armageddon | Team17, Original PlayStation 

Classic Games Catalog – Remasters

PlayStation Studios

Ape Escape 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits | Japan Studio, PS4
Dark Cloud | Japan Studio, PS4
Dark Cloud 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
FantaVision | SIE, PS4   
Hot Shots Tennis | Japan Studio, PS4  
Jak II | Naughty Dog, PS4
Jak 3| Naughty Dog, PS4
Jak X: Combat Racing | Naughty Dog, PS4
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4  
Rogue Galaxy | Japan Studio, PS4
Siren | Japan Studio, PS4
Wild Arms 3 | SIE, PS4 

Third Party Partners

Bioshock Remastered | 2K Games, PS4
Borderlands The Handsome Collection | 2K Games, PS4
Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition | Gearbox Publishing, PS4
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | THQ Nordic, PS4
LEGO Harry Potter Collection | WB Games, PS4

If you purchased PS1 games on PS3, as they're added to PS+, you can download them even if you're not subscribed to PS+ as they get added to the service.

• SaysWho? changed the title to All new PS+ game lineup announced (Returnal, Miles Morales, Death Stranding, Ghosts of Tsushima, Demon's Souls, Gravity Rush, PS4 Uncharteds, more), you can eventually play PS1/PSP Classics you already own without needing PS+ or buying them again
20 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What is the meaning for the various asterix? 

EDIT: PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium**

EDIT2: Looks like Uncharted collection PS4 is part of it but the PS5 version is a "timed trial". :raisedbrow:

if you’re taking about the legacy of thieves release, it recently came out with ps5 upgrades. anything new that is AAA won’t be free with subscription 

Thumbnail_Ubisoft_.jpg
NEWS.UBISOFT.COM

Ubisoft+ is Coming to PlayStation and Ubisoft+ Classics will bring 27 games to PlayStation Plus beginning May 24th

Ubisoft+ will come to PlayStation in the future, bringing access to more than 100 titles, additional content packs, and rewards to the platform. The subscription service is currently available on PC, Stadia, and Amazon Luna, offering players day-one releases, classic games, and premium editions, and ultimately will be available on PlayStation and Xbox.

Ubisoft also revealed that beginning May 24, it will launch a new Ubisoft+ subscription for PlayStation Plus called Ubisoft+ Classics. Ubisoft+ Classics on PlayStation is a curated selection of popular games, including top-selling Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, The Division, and For Honor, as well as beloved classic games like Child of Light, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Watch Dogs, Werewolves Within, and more. The Ubisoft+ Classics catalogue for PlayStation Plus will launch with 27 titles and will grow to 50 by the end of 2022 – check out the full list of Day 1 games below:

• Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • For Honor
  • The Crew 2
  • Child of Light
  • Eagle Flight
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Far Cry 3 Remaster
  • Far Cry 4
  • Legendary Fishing
  • Risk: Urban Assault
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Space Junkies
  • Star Trek: Bridge Crew
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas
  • STEEP
  • The Crew
  • The Division
  • Trackmania Turbo
  • Transference
  • Trials Fusion
  • Trials of the Blood Dragon Game
  • Trials Rising
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War
  • Watch Dogs
  • Werewolves Within
  • ZOMBI

6 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Ubisoft+ 'Classics' coming to Extra/Premium is the biggest news here, by far.  It's quite literally Sony's answer to Microsoft's EA partnership.

I had the identical thought though it seems that the EA/MS partnership is the better combination based on the library being offered.

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I had the identical thought though it seems that the EA/MS partnership is the better combination based on the library being offered.

Probably true, but with games this old, their relative worth really depends on what you haven't played yet.

There must be a lot of wheeling and dealing around these secondary subscriptions now.  I don't like it.  If Ubisoft and EA can successfully navigate this, we'll see other publishers follow.

22 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Ubisoft has no sports games and gave most of their back catalog away for free already so yeah the EA deal is a better offer. :p

Decent starting collection for the service but the retro side leaves a lot to be desired. Like it's very PSP lite. Yet it's cool that when more PS1 & PSP games are made available you're not restricted to the service if you already bought them or just want to buy them outright. This might lead to me not continuing the service after my sub expires (for the top tier).

2 hours ago, johnny said:

if you’re taking about the legacy of thieves release, it recently came out with ps5 upgrades. anything new that is AAA won’t be free with subscription 

I'm talking about all of the PS4 versions being included but them limiting the PS5 version to a timed trial. I'm aware it only recently came out, but it's still kinda dumb AF when compared to gamepass.

• True 1

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I'm talking about all of the PS4 versions being included but them limiting the PS5 version to a timed trial. I'm aware it only recently came out, but it's still kinda dumb AF when compared to gamepass.

yeah the ps5 version just came out recently. they said those wouldnt be on PS+ until theyre older. I wish they would but it is what it is. They must love the numbers that the bigger games pull in. 

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

yeah the ps5 version just came out recently. they said those wouldnt be on PS+ until theyre older. I wish they would but it is what it is. They must love the numbers that the bigger games pull in. 

Yea, I just thought maybe it'd be different since the PS4 versions are there. Like... sheesh, Sony

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, I just thought maybe it'd be different since the PS4 versions are there. Like... sheesh, Sony

It still feels like psnow in that whenever I think about wanting to get the service because there is something that looks like I’d actually want to play, Sony is like “nuh uh, i don’t think so buddy, you actually only get..”

They don’t have to put everything up day1 but they are terrible at making the service seem enticing and I’m a super easy mark for this shit.

I want the classics but idk about the price to get that, I’ll still probably at least try a year when it launches but man they make it a tough sell.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

It still feels like psnow in that whenever I think about wanting to get the service because there is something that looks like I’d actually want to play, Sony is like “nuh uh, i don’t think so buddy, you actually only get..”

They don’t have to put everything up day1 but they are terrible at making the service seem enticing and I’m a super easy mark for this shit.

I want the classics but idk about the price to get that, I’ll still probably at least try a year when it launches but man they make it a tough sell.

At least it's downloads now and not streaming only (PS Now was streaming only, right? :confused:). I never did PS Now but am planning on the $100/year tier for this next month. I saw a handful of games I've been wanting to play but don't want to outright buy on there.

It's a pretty solid catalog.
And as someone that has already been a PS+ subscriber for years, I'm happy for the upgrade.

But when this was first announced, I was most excited for the catalog of classic titles, and that seems to be very lacking in this announcement.
In fact, they don't mention a single PS2 title... which seems odd?

Something that somewhat irks me a bit, and maybe they're just holding this back for another PR announcement but we know from data mining there are other ps1/psp classics coming to the service not to mention them being mention in the past by sony. So why the ***k are they missing from the list given today? Why is the top tier so light on content when it's so expensive and you want to sell everybody on it. 

16 hours ago, AshsToAshs said:

It's a pretty solid catalog.
And as someone that has already been a PS+ subscriber for years, I'm happy for the upgrade.

But when this was first announced, I was most excited for the catalog of classic titles, and that seems to be very lacking in this announcement.
In fact, they don't mention a single PS2 title... which seems odd?

Are you a PS Now subscriber?  This really has next to nothing to do with existing PS+, as you'll still be getting basically the same thing you are getting today unless you pay to upgrade.

21 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Ubisoft+ 'Classics' coming to Extra/Premium is the biggest news here, by far.  It's quite literally Sony's answer to Microsoft's EA partnership.

Ubisoft+ and Xbox already announced a similar partnership earlier in the year, just haven't officially announced details.  So chances are Xbox will have this same Ubisoft+ Classics as part of Game Pass.

Just now, Paperclyp said:

i can’t even tell anymore. 

I don't get why some of you take the most negative interpretation of something, like with thinking PS5 being BC might just mean the PS+ Collection (WTF?). This is from the link in the OP:

"When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title,"

If it's released and you own it, you can download it without being a PS+ subscriber.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't get why some of you take the most negative interpretation of something, like with thinking PS5 being BC might just mean the PS+ Collection (WTF?). This is from the link in the OP:

If it's released and you own it, you can download it without being a PS+ subscriber.

You don’t know why we assume Sony is doing the worst possible version of a thing :p

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Considering they spelled out what the service provides, yes. Like when you thought BC = PS+ Collection.

It says “select” games tho, it’s still not 100 percent clear what that means.

I think you’re confusing me with someone else in the PS+ collection thing?

I 100 percent gave Sony the benefit of the doubt about their BC prior to the actual release of the console, and they’ve done nothing but disappoint me. Forgive me if I’m a little salty. 

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I 100 percent gave Sony the benefit of the doubt about their BC prior to the actual release of the console, and they’ve done nothing but disappoint me. Forgive me if I’m a little salty. 

They are selectively releasing PS1 games that they allowed you to re-buy on PS3 on the PS5 and PS4 and graciously allowing you to download them for free at no extra cost. There's nothing to be salty about here, this is awesome!

6 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Nope, it was you. :p  You were insane.

"Select" meaning the ones that are uploaded on PS5/PS4. They're very clear that if you own them, you'll be able to download them on newer consoles.