Brandon Sanderson's Top 10 Videogames of All Time

skillzdadirecta

I've never read any of this guy's books so I'm suprised why this popped up in my youtube feed. I know a lot of you guys are fans and might find this interesting though

I respect his list but Halo 2 is probably one of the weakest Halo games from a singleplayer standpoint and on Legendary it's borderline broken.

Halo 2 was the second FPS game I had ever played. The first was Halo 1 which I played on easy because it was a totally new experience. I hated Halo 2 and I hated the BR. Halo 2 is still good, but even now of the first 3, Halo 2 is in a very far last place. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

list pls for those of us who hate videos

10.) Katamari Damacy

9.) Undertale

8.) Fallout: New Vegas 

7.) Super Mario World

6.) The Curse of Monkey Island 3

5.) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

4.) Halo 2

3.) Final Fantasy X

2.) Bloodborne

1.) Civilization VI

• Thanks 2

That’s a decent enough favorite 10 games list I guess. At least he has the best game of all time somewhere on the list. Nothing else would be on my top 10, only Undertale and New Vegas would even hit a top 50 out of those for me personally but nothing that isn’t understandable. 

56 minutes ago, stepee said:

That’s a decent enough favorite 10 games list I guess. At least he has the best game of all time somewhere on the list. Nothing else would be on my top 10, only Undertale and New Vegas would even hit a top 50 out of those for me personally but nothing that isn’t understandable. 

He spells out that these are his personal favorites and this is not meant to be a "greatest videogames ever made" list. He also gives another 10 honorable mentions

Mass Effect

Bioshock Infinite

Elder Scrolls Morrowind

Doom 2

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

The Witcher 3

Shadow of the Collossus

X-wing

Braid

Y's Book 1 and Book 2

1 hour ago, stepee said:

You fucking fuck! What’s the best game of all time???

23 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He spells out that these are his personal favorites and this is not meant to be a "greatest videogames ever made" list. He also gives another 10 honorable mentions

Mass Effect

Bioshock Infinite

Elder Scrolls Morrowind

Doom 2

Castlevania Symphony of the Night

The Witcher 3

Shadow of the Collossus

X-wing

Braid

Y's Book 1 and Book 2

Bottom list adds a top 5 and a top 20 for me! 

Yeah I meant it was a decent list for a top 10 favorites, I wouldn’t consider it decent for best. :P 

But one of his favorites, which also is my favorite, is also the best game of all time!

A solid list, my conflict with my "all time" lists is that I have a game like Super Metroid that is one of the best ever made weighed in vs other products which actually have greater replay value/longevity....

also thank goodness for the Master Chief Collection, saves me the trouble of having to pick a favorite Halo... the story of Halo 2, vs the all-time best levels of Halo 3, vs the great campaign of Halo Reach vs Halo.....yikes