Scientists might have discovered the first dinosaur fossil that can be linked to their asteroid "extinction event"

_124066631_mightyindex.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

Remains are unearthed of a dinosaur that may have died on the very day a space rock hit Earth.

Scientists have presented a stunningly preserved leg of a dinosaur.

The limb, complete with skin, is just one of a series of remarkable finds emerging from the Tanis fossil site in the US State of North Dakota.

But it's not just their exquisite condition that's turning heads - it's what these ancient specimens purport to represent.

The claim is the Tanis creatures were killed and entombed on the actual day a giant asteroid struck Earth.

The day 66 million years ago when the reign of the dinosaurs ended and the rise of mammals began.

• Shocked 1

55 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If we're being honest, it was and still remains the age of insects. And if we're even more honest, it was, is, and shall always be the age of microscopic organisms.

Citizen with the galaxy brain takes. Humanity isn't ready for that knowledge.

Also I love that vid. The scene is freshish in my mind because I watched JP in 4k blu ray. Lol I guess I should watch the Lost World and maybe 3 cuz I love Sam Neil.