Unity Engine Demo "Enemies"

Mr.Vic20

I would of sworn everything was demo minus her and the board. HOLY FUCK that is pretty damn impressive for textures on her face and the weight of the chess piece when she bumped it. I think for cut scenes in a game, this would be amazing but too much for say a shooter. I think if they did make a FPS look that impressive, you’re gonna get PTSD like a real war soldier. Especially if you got the sound system for it too

still though. . . . WOW!

Looks impressive.

What strikes me though is it seems the closer we try to make graphics look "real"the further away we truly are. One thing I've been trying to nail down lately is why despite how good it looks, you can still tell it's just CGI. It could simply be we've seen the progression for so many years, that we're used to the details, but can also spot when something looks off.

I think it also had to do with how "smooth" everything looks. Even the animations look too smooth for real life. As though it doesn't have weight. Like I said, the facial animations looks very impressive, but it's still missing something.

1 hour ago, imthesoldier said:

Looks impressive.

What strikes me though is it seems the closer we try to make graphics look "real"the further away we truly are. One thing I've been trying to nail down lately is why despite how good it looks, you can still tell it's just CGI. It could simply be we've seen the progression for so many years, that we're used to the details, but can also spot when something looks off.

I think it also had to do with how "smooth" everything looks. Even the animations look too smooth for real life. As though it doesn't have weight. Like I said, the facial animations looks very impressive, but it's still missing something.

I should of mentioned the woman in the video in the wider shots, still had that actor in front of a blue screen movie effect. I love the demo but she seem like a blue screen actor with the world animated around them. The table and chess board/pieces look like they were also filmed with her and everything else was added afterwards and combined into one piece

Yeah it’s definitely uncanny valley territory, but that’s a good thing! The thing about uncanny valley is it is the point right before things are basically perfect and technology moves step by step, so eventually it has to land here for a bit before it reaches a point that will be as forever convincing as film.

For me what gets me is at one point she is I believe supposed to be staring outwards deep in thought, but her eyes look soulless in a way that’s scarier than I believe is intended.

Damn impressive though. Really weird short also.