Bioshock: The Movie - From Netflix

6 minutes ago, Reputator said:

That would be cool but that ship has sailed, I suspect.

So bring some me to the “Who do you think should direct this?”  

Neil Blomkamp is usually who I think of for this type of film. Although Del Toro or Denis Villeneuve on this would be amazing as well. I just hope they find the right person for this project with that visual eye candy flare (not that type of flare J.J.)

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

So bring some me to the “Who do you think should direct this?”  

Neil Blomkamp is usually who I think of for this type of film. Although Del Toro or Denis Villeneuve on this would be amazing as well. I just hope they find the right person for this project with that visual eye candy flare (not that type of flare J.J.)

Del Toro is definitely the most obvious choice. Second choices would be (and I'm swallowing my pride with this first one) Ryan Johnson, Ang Lee, Sam Raimi, or maybe even Sam Mendes.

• Like 1

In interviews Ken Levine said he turned down tons of Bioshock adaptation offers because nobody's vision for it felt on-point enough. One pitch was like, "Rapture is a neat setting and all, but does it have to be underwater?"

I reckon the fact that this is even getting made might indicate how positive a note things are starting on. 

1 hour ago, heydude93 said:

In interviews Ken Levine said he turned down tons of Bioshock adaptation offers because nobody's vision for it felt on-point enough. One pitch was like, "Rapture is a neat setting and all, but does it have to be underwater?"

I reckon the fact that this is even getting made might indicate how positive a note things are starting on. 

You wonder if the new tech used with The Mandalorian helped as well. Seems like the proper tech to be used to bring the immersive world to life. Sure green/blue screen too, but I like the real time like shading/lighting the newer tech could bring 

On 2/16/2022 at 8:49 AM, silentbob said:

You wonder if the new tech used with The Mandalorian helped as well. Seems like the proper tech to be used to bring the immersive world to life. Sure green/blue screen too, but I like the real time like shading/lighting the newer tech could bring 

Another reason for some hype is the increased mass appeal and cultural relevancy video games have now compared to a decade ago, resulting in better adaptations (Detective Pikachu, the Castlevania anime, Arcane, etc). It's possible we're on the verge of seeing game adaptations as good as anything else in film and TV right now.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It looks like the Michael Green-penned, Francis Lawrence-directed film is still a go at Netflix for now. That's a good writer and a good director, so here's hoping. Not sure if Francis Lawrence gets to this or Constantine 2 first. Probably Constantine 2 first.

COLLIDER.COM

'Blade Runner 2049' scribe Michael Green is back working on the adaptation of the acclaimed video game.