Father and sun shoot at delivery driver. Does this look familiar? Why do they all look the same?

• BloodyHell changed the title to Father and sun shoot at delivery driver. Does this look familiar? Why do they all look the same?

"After he left the police station the day after the shooting, Gibson said, FedEx put him on the same route on which the shooting happened. After two days of doing that route, he said, he started having anxiety and almost had a panic attack, so he went on unpaid leave February 2."

Forced to work the same route on which the shooting happened, or take unpaid leave. At that point, the 2 men hadn't even been arrested yet. Fuck you FedEx. 

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

How is what these guys did not attempted murder?

Firing into a vehicle is not always attempted murder, but it very well may be in this case. The grand jury will be presented with the evidence and it will be up to that group to decide if a higher charge is warranted. I would be surprised if they aren’t true billed for attempted murder.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Firing into a vehicle is not always attempted murder, but it very well may be in this case. The grand jury will be presented with the evidence and it will be up to that group to decide if a higher charge is warranted. I would be surprised if they aren’t true billed for attempted murder.

Aiming and firing at tires is the only scenario where I'd agree on it not automatically being attempted murder. What are they attempting to do when shooting any higher than that, five times, if not to kill him? It feels wildly generous to default to attempt to injure when you shoot at someone multiple times.

For some reason attempted murder is not very commonly prosecuted. I knew a guy who got into a fight with someone and stomped on the other guy's neck after he was knocked out with like 10 witnesses around and he still didn't get attempted murder. You'll get like aggravated battery or assault or whatever but attempted murder rarely happens.

I think it has mostly to do with proving intent. Like if they stocked the dude to his house and hit him, then sure, but firing at someone without premeditation doesn't seem to count as attempted murder in a lot of cases, as long as you don't hit them.

The justice system is weird.

On top of that it’s usually a zero sum game. Attempted murder and aggravated assault usually don’t have a ton of variance between the two in terms of sentencing, so you as a prosecutor would be stupid to take the heavier lift.  Sometimes they take it up because they have no choice, the defendant was stopped in the act before they could actively harm someone.