There is a local farm that has strawberry fields where you can pick strawberries

I passed by it this morning and it reminded me of the time we went when my oldest was two.my mother in law was in town for John’s birthday party, so we took her with us. One of her jobs when she migrated to the US was fruit picking for a farm, so she was really confused as to why we were doing it. What really got her was when she realized we had to pay for the pleasure of picking the strawberries.

Pinche Gringos

In fact this guy was such a big deal there was a ballot initiative for the strawberry field. Actually they wanted to ruin it by putting a shopping center there along with the strawberries but the voters weren't having it. They are probably desperate to sell you should buy them @sblfilms

CSC_logo_wotext-1920w.png
WWW.CARLSBADSTRAWBERRYCOMPANY.COM

Visit our fields and pick the ripest strawberries in Southern California. Carlsbad Strawberry Company has been growing Strawberries for 4 generations and the experience shows.

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

are these not a common thing? I’ve lived in many different climates and terrains and there’s always been some kind of u-pick fruit farm nearby. 

They are common here, but my MIL is from Mexico and they are very much not common there apparently

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Strawberries suck.

I both love and am kind of slightly grossed out by strawberries if I think about them too much. It's a kinda masochist relationship.

I grew them for years at my last house, but I almost never got to eat any before the dogs or other critters would eat them all. Protip: get everbearing strawberries, not june-bearing.

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I both love and am kind of slightly grossed out by strawberries if I think about them too much. It's a kinda masochist relationship.

I grew them for years at my last house, but I almost never got to eat any before the dogs or other critters would eat them all. Protip: get everbearing strawberries, not june-bearing.

I don't mind them with strawberry short cake. Eating them plain is not pleasant. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

I take offense to the racist name calling that is gringo. Those of you that have used it in this thread can kindly fuck off and eat a dick. 

24 minutes ago, Rachel said:

ohh okay that makes sense. It’s gringo shit. 

I'd tell you to eat a dick but with your tooth/gum problem you can hold off until Tuesday. But feel free to go ahead and fuck off now though.