DF: Best In-Game Graphics of 2021

crispy4000

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

Someone post the list I don’t have the patience to watch an hour of anything.

Here you go...

Kena

RE Village

The Ascent

Metroid Dread

Deathloop

Guardians of the Galaxy

Metro Exodus Enhanced

Forza Horizon 5

Returnal

Lego Builders

Ratchet and Clank

• Like 1

I need to try Lego Builders on pc it sounds like! I’d swap Deathloop and Returnal if this is in order and I’d switch Dread out for a real choice like Halo Infinite but beyond that yeah those are what impressed me the most this year. 

Some honorable mentions:

Lis True Colors is such a big step up graphically for this type of game. BF 2042 can look ridiculous even if it feels hollow. Crysis 2 looks current gen now maxed out on pc and can look incredible.

3 minutes ago, legend said:

wut

Lol right? I love the switch but this wouldn’t even be my pick for switch this year. It’s a good looking game yeah but come on. For Switch I’d say Snap, Dying Light, or Tony Hawk impressed me the most graphically this year.

51 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Here you go...

Kena

RE Village

The Ascent

Metroid Dread

Deathloop

Guardians of the Galaxy

Metro Exodus Enhanced

Forza Horizon 5

Returnal

Lego Builders

Ratchet and Clank

No Halo Infinite is disturbing. That game has amazing textures and lighting all running at 60fps. I still need to try out Kena and Guardians of the Galaxy definitely deserves on that list. The Raytracing, textures, and scale are amazing.

Ratchet I'm sure is absolutely amazing looking. 

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Lol right? I love the switch but this wouldn’t even be my pick for switch this year. It’s a good looking game yeah but come on. For Switch I’d say Snap, Dying Light, or Tony Hawk impressed me the most graphically this year.

I believe you.  I would say some of the cutscenes in Dread are very slick considering the hardware. And it is 60fps.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

No Halo Infinite is disturbing. That game has amazing textures and lighting all running at 60fps.

And weapon reload animations in the 30’s. :p  What DF said about the cutscene stutter and distant shadow oddities probably disqualified it too.

It looks better than it had any right to after last year.  Probably deserved a spot in the convo.

48 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

And weapon reload animations in the 30’s. :p  What DF said about the cutscene stutter and distant shadow oddities probably disqualified it too.

It looks better than it had any right to after last year.  Probably deserved a spot in the convo.

Weapon reload at 30fps? The fuck? Game is beautiful to look at. Oh well. :/

On 12/25/2021 at 10:57 AM, best3444 said:

Do they pick a winner or just list the games?

Their list was in order, so their top game of the year was Ratchet and Clank, followed by Lego Builders and Returnal. Their list is not necessarily the best graphics, but can also be considered the most technologically impressive. That's how Metroid Dread wound up on the list. It's pretty, doesn't appear to be overly-compromised, holds its resolution, and sticks to 60fps on the Switch and in handheld.

• Thanks 1