Kevin Feige: Charlie Cox is still Daredevil, if we use the character again

33ut2QWAaSZKsducVR5scX-1200-80.png
WWW.CINEMABLEND.COM

The MCU found its Man Without Fear.

we asked Feige what he thought about Charlie Cox being able to stay in the part. To our surprise, the usually covert Kevin Feige confirmed the news that so many fans will want to hear when he told CinemaBlend: "If you were to see Daredevil in upcoming things, Charlie Cox, yes, would be the actor playing Daredevil. Where we see that, how we see that, when we see that, remains to be seen."

There are rumours that he appears in Spider-Man: No Way Home, but nothing has been confirmed.

I hope they use him again, he was the highlight of the Netflix Marvel shows and I'd love to see what he could do within the MCU.

tumblr_nohyueogpF1t3ml1po1_500.gif

Just now, Brick said:

Is he in it? I haven't watched it, so thanks for that spoiler. 

There's a blink-and-you-miss-it scene in the third episode that seems like it's probably him (I didn't even notice it until I went on reddit and other people were talking about it), but nothing is confirmed yet. You don't see his face or anything in the bit I'm talking about.

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:
33ut2QWAaSZKsducVR5scX-1200-80.png
WWW.CINEMABLEND.COM

The MCU found its Man Without Fear.

There are rumours that he appears in Spider-Man: No Way Home, but nothing has been confirmed.

Spoiler

pretty sure a pic was posted from the scene online a while back, though he was in court as MM not out on the town as DD

I'm kind of hoping for a soft reboot as well. The Netflix shows just never really felt like they fit into the MCU. Now with Disney+ they can have much more direct control of that. Just use the multiverse as an excuse why Daredevil looks the same, but the show was a separate timeline. 

33 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'm sure most will disagree with me, but I really think the original Daredevil movie was underrated. Though certainly flawed, I really liked the director's cut of the film.

I've heard the director's cut is substantially better.

For the most part, I think Netflix did an amazing job with casting...outside of Finn Jones. He was awful. A lot of Iron First casting missed for me, but I guess that's what happens when a racist dude is in charge of a series that borrows a heaping ton from various Asian cultures. The only one that can come back from that series is Jessica Henwick, but I do believe it saw that she and Mike Colter turned down coming back to the MCU.

Still kind of salty Netflix didn't last long enough to give us that Daughters of the Dragon series.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

For the most part, I think Netflix did an amazing job with casting...outside of Finn Jones. He was awful. A lot of Iron First casting missed for me, but I guess that's what happens when a racist dude is in charge of a series that borrows a heaping ton from various Asian cultures. The only one that can come back from that series is Jessica Henwick, but I do believe it saw that she and Mike Colter turned down coming back to the MCU.

Still kind of salty Netflix didn't last long enough to give us that Daughters of the Dragon series.

I still haven't seen any of Iron Fist but was the problem the casting or the apparently atrocious writing in season 1? I've heard that Finn Jones was fine in the much better second season but that the first season was so bad that most people never gave the second season a chance.

Just now, Jason said:

I still haven't seen any of Iron Fist but was the problem the casting or the apparently atrocious writing in season 1? I've heard that Finn Jones was fine in the much better second season but that the first season was so bad that most people never gave the second season a chance.

Finn Jones is a fine actor. This is Marvel TV. It's not high art or anything. I get that the first season was short on time, but everything outside of the occasional dramatic bit did not work. Let's not even talk about being able to sell a punch. The series was seemingly built around his inability to look like a great martial artist. I get that you can't expect that from every actor, but Netflix also had the ability to cast any actor for the role. I would gladly take less great drama chops for an actor that can actually sell a kick.

He only ever worked for me when he was playing along side one of the other leads, like in Defenders...only that cross over series was pretty bland in its own right. His best chance would have been in a potential Heroes for Hire series, but that's another one of the dustbin series we never got.

I gave up on Iron Fist like half way into season 2. I'm reading a quick synopsis of the first half of season 2 right now to try and refresh my memory, and I ask don't remember any of it.

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

I'm sure most will disagree with me, but I really think the original Daredevil movie was underrated. Though certainly flawed, I really liked the director's cut of the film.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I've heard the director's cut is substantially better.

It is but the Netflix TV show is substantially better. Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty great minus some of the ninja stuff in season 2. Still need to see season 3 if this is going to be canon.

15 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It is but the Netflix TV show is substantially better. Seasons 1 and 2 were pretty great minus some of the ninja stuff in season 2. Still need to see season 3 if this is going to be canon.

A silly lament perhaps, but the lawyer stuff just becomes absolute batshit insane after the first season. I don't super care, aside from the fact that the show wants the legal stuff to have some heft but it drifts into Phoenix Wright territory without the lulz. "We arrested The Punisher today, and the public wants a quick trial, so have your defense prepared by tomorrow and ignore me as I play Yakkity Sax."

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

A silly lament perhaps, but the lawyer stuff just becomes absolute batshit insane after the first season. I don't super care, aside from the fact that the show wants the legal stuff to have some heft but it drifts into Phoenix Wright territory without the lulz. "We arrested The Punisher today, and the public wants a quick trial, so have your defense prepared by tomorrow and ignore me as I play Yakkity Sax."

Hahaha as a former attorney I can't disagree but we also then get scenes like the Punisher prison hallway fight. High highs with some silly ass lows for sure. I heard season 3 is really good, I haven't seen it yet.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Disney managed to find a deaf amputee to play Echo in Hawkeye, there are no excuses. :p

That's my point. Let's drive it on further. They managed to find a Native American deaf amputee to play Echo. The right actors exist. You just need to be willing to cast them. Finding them is easy. Hell, they found the right person for Iron Fist and just choose not to. Lewis Tan was up for the role, but they decided they wanted a white dude.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

That's my point. Let's drive it on further. They managed to find a Native American deaf amputee to play Echo. The right actors exist. You just need to be willing to cast them. Finding them is easy. Hell, they found the right person for Iron Fist and just choose not to. Lewis Tan was up for the role, but they decided they wanted a white dude.

Oh yeah, I was agreeing with you, but I perhaps didn’t come off like I was!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...