Taco Bell review part 2

Bacon

Let's just jump right into it. 

Brisk Mango Fiesta

It's fucking kool-aid. I don't hate kool-aid but I didn't want kool-aid. I almost never want kool-aid. Shoulda just got the blast. 1 out of 10. 

Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos

I thought this was significantly better than the regular crunchy taco.  I don't know if it is because of the shell, but the seasoned beef seemed to be less seasoned. It still tasted the same, but not a strong and that alone reduced a lot of the negatives I had with the previous taco. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Cheesy Gordita Crunch

In the words of Dave Grohl, "I've got another confession to make". Until this item, I have had lettuce removed on both the Crunchy Taco and the Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos. I am not a fan of lettuce without some kind of dressing. And since the Gordita had ranch on it, I kept the lettuce. And yeah, lettuce kinda sucks. But it wasn't bad, it was just like, I got a taco and a salad at the same time. Like, it doesn't turn into 1 flavor. Like a Cheeseburger tastes like I'm eating a cheeseburger and not a burger and cheese. And here I felt like I was eating a salad and taco, not a Cheesy Gordita Crunch. You get what I'm saying? And like with the Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos, I thought the beef was better this time. Still, even with lettuce....  7 out of 10. Cuz honestly, it was just basically the same thing as a regular taco. The lettuce isn't really lowering the score either. What really could have improved this is the amount of cheese between the two shells or whatever. There was only enough cheese to glue the two together. Nothing more. Now if they put as much cheese on there as the Quesadilla then this would be truly elevated. 

Double Steak Grilled Cheese Burrito

I shouldn't have gotten this. I shouldn't have saved it for last. It's too much. It was overkill. It is an entire meal for 6 bucks. I should have gotten this thing solo. I was only able to eat half. Taste wise, it was the best thing I had by far. I'll give it an 8 out of 10. One of the sauces in it tasted like Doritos, even more than the Dorito taco. The steak, well, I wouldn't call it steak, but it has a very familiar tasted. Not bad, but not a taste I would ever expect from something called steak. I almost want to call it pork-ish tasting. But like cured spicy pork. Something like in the pepperoni or salami range or maybe like one of those little sausages or maybe it was turkey. Either way it tastes like some kind of meat snack, dry and aged. It wasn't bad just not what I had in mind. You could also taste how cheesy it was. Part of it did taste like Mexican grilled cheese. If I ever have to get Taco bell again this is what I'd get assuming it would still be on the menu. Oh, and I saw a video review saying it tasted mostly like the steak and sauce and that there was no real cheese taste and the red chips and rice were overpowered by the other flavors, but I don't think so. At least not in the one I had. I could taste pretty much everything. 

Taco Bell

With all that said, I doubt I ever get taco bell again. Even with the higher scores, it really is just all kind of meh. All of this tastes like stuff I could have at home but the stuff at home would be better. The pricing can be pretty good tho. That burrito feels like a steal when up against other fast food joints. It was fucking jam packed and pretty hefty. You just have to like the way it tastes. I really wouldn't recommend Taco Bell to anyone. I would never be the guy who says "hey, let's get taco bell" but I could eat it if everyone else was. Based on the few things I have had now from Taco Bell, I give Taco Bell a 5... out of 10. 

Maybe one day I'll still give the chalupa a go but I doubt it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

What if I'm buying?

Well, right at this moment I don't want any Taco Bell, maybe I'd get some twists just as a snack. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Shit I want that double steak grilled cheese burrito asap tho.

I do recommend that if you like Taco Bell. 

16 minutes ago, Chris- said:

The dramatic confession about the lettuce was my favorite part.

Lol like you needed to tell me that was your favorite part!

Edit: Specifically this part “it was just like, I got a taco and a salad at the same time. Like, it doesn't turn into 1 flavor. Like a Cheeseburger tastes like I'm eating a cheeseburger and not a burger and cheese. And here I felt like I was eating a salad and taco, not a Cheesy Gordita Crunch.” is going to be hung on my wall written over a picture of a Cheesy Gordita Crunch.

• Haha 1

That sauce comment about the burrito is...man, I honestly cannot tell if you are trolling; I promise you they do not have a special Doritos sauce, and that is absolutely the same creamy chipotle sauce you've had on multiple other menu items (because that is their thing- using the same eight or so ingredients in multiple variations).

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

That sauce comment about the burrito is...man, I honestly cannot tell if you are trolling; I promise you they do not have a special Doritos sauce, and that is absolutely the same creamy chipotle sauce you've had on multiple other menu items (because that is their thing- using the same eight or so ingredients in multiple variations).

I'm not. And this is the only item that has the chipotle sauce that I got. I did not say it was a Dorito sauce. I said the sauce tastes more like Doritos than the Dorito taco. The Quesadilla I got had a creamy jalapeno sauce. The Cheesy Gordita Crunch has ranch. The Double Steak Grilled Cheese Burrito has either two or three sauces and one of them is the chipotle sauce. 

60e6e25d92716ccf436e8135bca13b51.png

033887664ab0ebcfbdf1be333d433a26.png

98b626a91550a90985b56c150f6d75bc.png

9 hours ago, Chris- said:

If you think Creamy Jalapeno Sauce and Chipotle Sauce are different in any meaningful way, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

They were different to me. Even if they aren't different in any meaningful way, so what? That does no change the fact that the Burrito tasted somewhat like Doritos. I mean, there is also nacho cheese and sour cream. And the Jalapeno Sauce DID tasted different. You could clearly tasted that Jalapeno flavor that is often on chips or even mac and cheese. It is a distinct flavor and that flavor was not present at all in the Burrito. Again, it doesn't matter how similar they are or whatever when at least with how everything is combined, it tasted different.

• 3 weeks later...