At this point, do you feel like the vaccine was the 'be all, end all' like they made it seem at the start of this?

Derek

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

The company I work for develops cancer detection assays and genomic sequencing is something we do literally every day. I talk to these people literally every day. We have something like 2,000 employees. Our parent company probably employs >100K people. And we're one company in our respective space. The tests we develop eventually get reviewed by the FDA and equivalent, international regulatory bodies when we look to secure reimbursement. So genomic sequencing happens all the time, and if some accepts that it happens for cancer, then it should be easy to accept it can happen for other things.

I don't think the boobs who say stuff like "COVID has never been sequenced" have an appreciation for the notion that "faking it" would mean that between scientists, first responders, medical professionals, people in logistics, etc., there are something like hundreds of thousands if not millions of people engaging in the world's largest pandemic LARP. It's the stupidest fucking notion in the world.

yeah but have you SEEN the covid-19 genome yourself? I didn’t think so sheep, keep believing what your bosses tell you..

Or something. Yeah, and that’s like without getting into every other government in the WORLD being in on it to help the evil plan of the democrats in America. 

It’s just beyond stupid, it’s seriously such a point of criminally insane lunacy that at any point if say BA murdered someone I would accept the insanity defense just off that.

But you mention how crazy it is that throughout the WORLD millions of people are in on this scam and not one person has ever come forward with any evidence or anything about it and the answer is…EXACTLY! They are being silenced. Their own lack of actual data also proves their point. 

They are playing the game of argument on story mode so they just automatically win because in a world of absolute ignorance the existence of reality proves their beliefs. 

On 10/26/2021 at 6:39 PM, Rev said:

Increasingly shocked every day at how many right-of-center people are falling for transparent anti-vax propaganda in 2021. Idiocracy is turning out to be an understatement.

As an American this is quite embarrassing to say the least. I'm sure other countries are laughing at us. over 5 million deaths WORLD WIDE mid you {5.1 million}, and WE HAVE 1/6 of the deaths {just under 750k} in a country of just over 320 million: That's out of 8billion PEOPLE!!!!! Idiotic. Freedom of speech, etc doesn't give the right to through everyone under the bus just because you can. I guess these people need to lose someone they love first before they'll believe this virus is real. It's pretty ironic when you see these anti-vacc people begging for there lives in the ICU when there are the problem right now. I tried, I really did not to reply DAMNIT!

I definitely think it has delivered. If you stop and think back, the Covid variant was scary asf back in July ish, but its far more quiet now. The mandates for jobs and more has accelerated things again, and we are definitely seeing better times. Its easy to forget how bad it was back at the height of it last year when all offices were shuttered, businesses all closed and no one was going out to do anything.

Sure we still have masks, but that too eventually will likely pass. The vaccine has done what it was supposed to do. Improve things with a heavy multiplier on whether or not we could get out of our own way. A lot of us have, but still many haven't so it isn't perfect, but its good.

• Like 1

Where I live, the vaccine seems to have been pretty successful, overall. The number cases have dropped as more people got vaccinated, and most people catching it are unvaccinated. That being said there are still people who are vaccinated and catch it anyway. 

On 11/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, Esonar said:

I definitely think it has delivered. If you stop and think back, the Covid variant was scary asf back in July ish, but its far more quiet now. The mandates for jobs and more has accelerated things again, and we are definitely seeing better times. Its easy to forget how bad it was back at the height of it last year when all offices were shuttered, businesses all closed and no one was going out to do anything.

Sure we still have masks, but that too eventually will likely pass. The vaccine has done what it was supposed to do. Improve things with a heavy multiplier on whether or not we could get out of our own way. A lot of us have, but still many haven't so it isn't perfect, but its good.

With the reopening in the UK, we’re seeing about 40,000 new cases a day, though hospitalisations and deaths are reducing. It doesn’t help the fact though that due to Covid, we’re down two people in my unit of 5.

3 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

With the reopening in the UK, we’re seeing about 40,000 new cases a day, though hospitalisations and deaths are reducing. It doesn’t help the fact though that due to Covid, we’re down two people in my unit of 5.

And don't forget about the scurvy!

8c73684e-scurvy.jpg
WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

Jonathan Ashworth said the huge rise in cases of the Victorian illness was 'a shameful indictment on a decade of the Tories'.

I don't remember it ever being framed as a be all end all, immunologists always thought annual boosters would be required because of variant spread.

End of the day imo it will end up similarly to the annual flu with a lot of people opting not to get the boosters.

Tbh before covid I wouldn't get flu vaccines every year. Now I will and also get boosters.

As time goes on things will get more and more "normal" so to speak with COVID, but I do think it will have had the effect of actually increasing flu vaccines overall, some people continuing to use masks at crowded events, and more people overall being more conscious about trying not to get themselves/others sick

3 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I hope it improves or at least doesn't get any worse. I'm supposed to be in London for 2 weeks in December.

7 hours ago, Patatat said:

I don't remember it ever being framed as a be all end all, immunologists always thought annual boosters would be required because of variant spread.

End of the day imo it will end up similarly to the annual flu with a lot of people opting not to get the boosters.

Tbh before covid I wouldn't get flu vaccines every year. Now I will and also get boosters.

As time goes on things will get more and more "normal" so to speak with COVID, but I do think it will have had the effect of actually increasing flu vaccines overall, some people continuing to use masks at crowded events, and more people overall being more conscious about trying not to get themselves/others sick

The amazing efficacy at preventing people from getting COVID in the first place wasn't even something that was really expected, the main hope was just that it was going to keep the hospitals from overflowing.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 6:19 PM, Jason said:

The amazing efficacy at preventing people from getting COVID in the first place wasn't even something that was really expected, the main hope was just that it was going to keep the hospitals from overflowing.

That's the exact effect that the vaccines are for. Far reduced hospitalization and severe complications! Not contracting the virus. I think in that light it has made a large impact on the trajectory that we were headed in. Still 750,000 deaths is mind boggling in a country of 340million.