Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner shredded a perfect solo for Painkiller while his aorta ruptured and spilt blood into his chest cavity

attachment-Richie-Faulkner.jpg?w=1200&h=
LOUDWIRE.COM

This performance is worthy of 'metal god' status.

If he wasn’t already, Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner is now officially a metal god. Not only did Faulkner survive a near-fatal rupture of his aorta, but as his heart was spilling blood into his chest cavity, Richie didn’t miss a single note of his solo in “Painkiller.”

“As I watch footage from the Louder Than Life Festival in Kentucky, I can see in my face the confusion and anguish I was feeling whilst playing ‘Painkiller’ as my aorta ruptured and started to spill blood into my chest cavity,” Faulker wrote after successful heart surgery. ”I was having what my doctor called an aortic aneurysm and complete aortic dissection. From what I’ve been told by my surgeon, people with this don’t usually make it to the hospital alive.”

According to the National Library of Medicine via Nashville Vein Center, “only about one in five people survive a ruptured aortic aneurysm.”

On a related note, my aunt was one of the four out of five people who didn't survive this condition.

• Shocked 2