Nvidia Gamescon Confrence Today - 2080 series to be announced

Mr.Vic20

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

This just makes the wait hurt more :(

So I tried to find an image along the lines of "Abandon all hope..." but instead found this terrifying image of the teletubbies, which I feel accomplishes my original goal well, somehow?

Related image

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

So I tried to find an image along the lines of "Abandon all hope..." but instead found this terrifying image of the teletubbies, which I feel accomplishes my original goal well, somehow?

Related image

Y’know, the thing about a telletubby, he’s got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes. When he comes after ya, he doesn’t seem to be livin’ until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white...

We have updated the thread. Please find the latest below.
Update 10/2

Today we began shipping GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition to those who pre-ordered from NVIDIA.com and had an original ship date in September. These will all ship by October 5th.

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition pre-orders on NVIDIA.com with an original ship date in October will ship by October 10, 2018. 

You will receive an email with tracking details once your order has shipped. You can also click 
here to see if your order has shipped.

If you have additional questions, please contact Customer Service via our online form 
here or call 1-800-797-6530

Our supply chain challenges are resolved, and we will have cards in your hands as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this delay has caused you. We aim to deliver a great customer experience, and we recognize this has been a disappointment.

Man I'm just itching to build a new Gaming PC. Knowing the cost is just making me spin my wheels, now for about 6 months. I know it's time but to justify a 1200 dollar card is hard with all that's happened to us in the last year or so. I may not be able to do it, but I will not unless it's a 2080Ti period. If I stick to my guns, this alone might make me wait for a very long time! Cant wait to see the 2080Ti cards from other venders, at least I can look forward to pictures and amazing testimonials from everyone and their dog! I will build my next PC with the top card out there this time. My 980Ti is still trucking along well enough. But having all 4k TV's in my house isn't helping that's for sure!

I might just have to build with a 1080Ti I find on the cheap {anyone? :twothumbsup:} and upgrade after the cards have been out for some time . . . 

23 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Man I'm just itching to build a new Gaming PC. Knowing the cost is just making me spin my wheels, now for about 6 months. I know it's time but to justify a 1200 dollar card is hard with all that's happened to us in the last year or so. I may not be able to do it, but I will not unless it's a 2080Ti period. If I stick to my guns, this alone might make me wait for a very long time! Cant wait to see the 2080Ti cards from other venders, at least I can look forward to pictures and amazing testimonials from everyone and their dog! I will build my next PC with the top card out there this time. My 980Ti is still trucking along well enough. But having all 4k TV's in my house isn't helping that's for sure!

I might just have to build with a 1080Ti I find on the cheap {anyone? :twothumbsup:} and upgrade after the cards have been out for some time . . . 

Honestly, this is a really ugly time to consider an upgrade. Between tariffs pushing prices higher, intel having CPU fabrication yield woes, and AMD's GPU side of the house ghosting this generation so that Nvidia can crotch punch us with their pricing, it might be worth sitting this year out. Also, while the 2080ti is a beast of a card, its much heralded Rasy Tracing tech will bring it to its knees unless you plan on gaming in 1080- gahhhhhhh, hnnnggg. Sorry, puked a little in my mouth their, as I was saying unless you plan on gaming in 10-bwaaaggghhhhhhhughaththtrht... sorry, sorry! Its a mess over here now. Look, what I'm saying is, THAT resolution is awful as we sail into the last months of 2018! 1440P should now be a minimum! So I would say that the 2180ti will likely be your card/time to jump on a total hardware refresh. :sun: 

Just now, stepee said:

Mine still says processing :( Hope it updates soon!

You were a little behind me in getting your order in right? I received my notification at around 10:30am EST today. So, its possible you might not see it until the end of today or maybe tomorrow, but they are indeed moving now. There are many confirmations on both reddit and the Nvidia hardware forum. Its, sort of, happening! 

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

You were a little behind me in getting your order in right? I received my notification at around 10:30am EST today. So, its possible you might not see it until the end of today or maybe tomorrow, but they are indeed moving now. There are many confirmations on both reddit and the Nvidia hardware forum. Its, sort of, happening! 

I was behind you but like by 10 minutes :P

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

ah, ah, aaaahh! 10 NVIDIA MINUTES! Who knows how long those are?! Certainly not Nvidia! :p:hug:

lol I just got an email:

“Yesterday, we began shipping GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition to those who pre-ordered from NVIDIA.com and had an original ship date in September. We are reconfirming orders will ship by October 5th. 

You will receive an email with tracking details once your order has shipped. You can also click here to see if your order has shipped. 

The supply chain challenges that caused the delay are now resolved and we will have your GeForce RTX 2080 Ti in your hands as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Our aim is to deliver a great customer experience and we recognize we have disappointed you in this regard.”

Which is totally cool if you know, my order was shipped!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol I just got an email:

“Yesterday, we began shipping GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition to those who pre-ordered from NVIDIA.com and had an original ship date in September. We are reconfirming orders will ship by October 5th. 

You will receive an email with tracking details once your order has shipped. You can also click here to see if your order has shipped. 

The supply chain challenges that caused the delay are now resolved and we will have your GeForce RTX 2080 Ti in your hands as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Our aim is to deliver a great customer experience and we recognize we have disappointed you in this regard.”

Which is totally cool if you know, my order was shipped!

I got that exact email about 2 hours before my order status was changed to shipped. KEEP THE FAITH BROTHER! :hug: But seriously, they are the absolute worst. The only explanation i have for this launch is that somehow Nextgen got himself hired as their communications manager and has sabotaged this launch from within! 

any of you Awesome gamers out there coming from a 1080Ti to a 20series card wanna part with there old card at a good deal ? Not asking for a handout, but I really wanna upgrade to 4k/30 at least and Forza 4 is crushing my hopes of getting anything more than that. It's showing @4k fps are all over the place in ultra settings shadows to medium im getting above 30 at least with my I7 4790k, 32gigs 1800 ddr4, 980 ti. I don't mind the cost as I tend to ride my rigs for at least 5 years, usually longer. I feel a 2080Ti down the road will be a beast paired with 8700k and 16 gigs of say 3200 ddr4. A PC like that would ride me off well into the future @4k mostly 60fps! I think I need to build the PC but find a deal on a 1080Ti to hold me over, then I just swap out the new card say a year later?

Any sellers out there?

6 hours ago, HardAct said:

any of you Awesome gamers out there coming from a 1080Ti to a 20series card wanna part with there old card at a good deal ? Not asking for a handout, but I really wanna upgrade to 4k/30 at least and Forza 4 is crushing my hopes of getting anything more than that. It's showing @4k fps are all over the place in ultra settings shadows to medium im getting above 30 at least with my I7 4790k, 32gigs 1800 ddr4, 980 ti. I don't mind the cost as I tend to ride my rigs for at least 5 years, usually longer. I feel a 2080Ti down the road will be a beast paired with 8700k and 16 gigs of say 3200 ddr4. A PC like that would ride me off well into the future @4k mostly 60fps! I think I need to build the PC but find a deal on a 1080Ti to hold me over, then I just swap out the new card say a year later?

Any sellers out there?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173570513765

Not looking to spend that much on a 1080Ti. There everywhere for 450-750, but that's 1/2 the price of a 2080Ti give or take. I'm not cheap, {actually never even used a piece from a previous PC towards my new one, let alone used GPUs}  I always buy name brand shit, but I just can't do that kinda price if the best {though sold out, and no after market cards yet either} is just another 400+. Looks like the PC I'm thinking about if I go all out new, and give my Gamer to the wife going from scratch is about 2600. That's do'able but seems like just waiting a little bit could save me a few hundred or so, or at least give me far more options.

These cards aren't even in peoples hands yet, yet alone the vender cards with better OC and cooling etc. I'm just really itching to play with the Tech that I have invested in mainly 4k / 60 and not compromise. I know that blindly jumping out of excitement isn't a good thing, and patience almost always rewards the consumer, I'm just really ready to push these games and not have it kill FPS. I do not care about over 60, but 60 is a good mark to have as a standard!

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Then you probably shouldn't be looking at one :p 

Better off just going for the 2080 non-ti, IMO.

Just keep talking myself into not jumping on the 2080Ti first editions, and it's so much more easier to do when you can't even get one! I'll be gaming up there with you and Vic soon enough, just trying against all hope not to jump before looking, I know the end result. It's always the same . .  

3 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Just keep talking myself into not jumping on the 2080Ti first editions, and it's so much more easier to do when you can't even get one! I'll be gaming up there with you and Vic soon enough, just trying against all hope not to jump before looking, I know the end result. It's always the same . .  

It'd probably be best to wait 3-ish months for prices to normalize and grab a 2080 Ti with waaaaaaaaaaaaay better cooling than the base model. That's what I'm doing. :sun: