Nvidia Gamescon Confrence Today - 2080 series to be announced

Mr.Vic20

23 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

For the last time, it's not the same degree of setting reductions or resolution dips.  With that card, you wouldn't be sacrificing as much to reach the target.

And what is the amount of reduction where it is still acceptable?

You refuse to weigh that, so whatever.  I'm done.

32 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

So, yea, as I stated, you're being purposefully obstinant here if you actually think that was me calling it a 4k/30fps console and not making a sarcastic comment about spending $1k on a GPU and being content with reduced settings, resolution and framerate, as I stated a ridiculous amount of times now that the argument for it being a 4k/30 machine is the same as the 2080 ti being a 4k/60 card to me: nonsensical and ridiculous.

What happened to you simply wanting me to be "consistent" as the entire focal point of your arguing with me for 3 pages?

30 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

It's amazing how uncharitable, the internet, makes people  behave in conversations.  Everybody wants to win instead of understand. 

Quite honestly, it's not even about being right, it's being called inconsistent and basically being attacked with shit-bag "gotcha" attempts about an opinion and standard that I have of my own volition, of which I've stated and had regarding gpus since friggen IGN.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Quite honestly, it's not even about being right, it's being called inconsistent and basically being attacked with shit-bag "gotcha" attempts about an opinion and standard that I have of my own volition, of which I've stated and had regarding gpus since friggen IGN.

:Wrong:

Good to great performance, but not when looking at value.  In Canadian Dollars, you can get the 1080Ti for about $850, the 2080Ti (which is actually faster than the 1080Ti) costs about $1600-1700.  The 2080 might be feasable for somebody looking to upgrade an older card with performance at 1070 or less levels, but the 2080 = 1080Ti performance wise and costs $150 more.

The 2080 Ti though?  20-30% performance for double the price?  Ya... no.  

Sorry, nonexist Ray Tracing isn't "worth it" either at this point.  In Canadian dollar terms, I would be paying almost $800 for ray tracing, which isn't worth it.  

My 1080 Ti will be around for a lot longer by the looks of it.  At this rate, probably another 2 years.  

Looks like a great opportunity for AMD to respond with a card that is a bit better than the 1080Ti and costs less.  Hopefully they do that.  Soon.

Tom's Hardware compares 20xx series to Titan V, with some surprising results all around. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-founders-edition,5805.html

The Division is apparently a memory bandwidth intensive game, that's all I can figure based on these bench results!  The Titan V's HBM2 seems to do the trick in this title. 

8 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

As appropriate punishment for being willing to pay Nvidia their asking price, I give you now, how most Nvidia launches end up going...

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1071605/geforce-rtx-20-series/geforce-rtx-2080-ti-availability-update/11/

@stepee :lol: 

We’ll get an update on our shipment in a few days? Mother fuckers your update still says we’ll get them in a few days!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

We’ll get an update on our shipment in a few days? Mother fuckers your update still says we’ll get them in a few days!

Allow me to translate Nvidia's latest message:

[boss of dude sending out communications] Dude. Dude! This shit is all fucked up right here! I can't handle this, I'm freaking out! I just wanted to have a good weekend! Wait, wait! That's it, we'll deal with this next week! Everyone will be more relaxed after a good weekend! I'm a genius! Yeah, yeah, that's it! 

[guy tying] Sir, they will be mor-

[boss of dude sending out communications]  Shut and type something really vague, like "we'll update you, in a few days! Tots sorry!" 

[guy tying] [shakes head] begins typing mutely

-----somewhere else, likely a mansion in Hawaii-----

Image result for nvidia jensen huang laughing animated gif

• Sad 1