Extreme flooding in Henan province of China as 8 inches (200mm) of rain falls in one hour

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Extreme flooding in Henan province of China as 8 inches (200mm) of rain falls in one hour
10 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

My little corner of the world feels so insulated from climate change, compared to some of the shit I’ve been seeing lately from around the world.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get to experience it soon. Maybe some drought, or extreme wind, or, if you're lucky, something new, like a stinkhole. 

The Chinese military blew up a dam to attempt to relieve the flooding.

5880.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Operation to avoid even worse flooding comes as residents in the huge city of Zhengzhou are trapped in homes, offices, schools and metro

12 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I can’t even comprehend what 8 inches of rain would even look like in terms of the actual visual of that much water falling from the sky 

The sound is even worse! I used to live in Florida for a short period and still remember torrential downpours! The thunder was also the loudest I had ever experienced.