US Government confirms the existence of UFOs

...But doesn't know where the hell they come from. :badass:

210615173025-ufo-2015-super-tease.jpg
WWW.CNN.COM

The US intelligence community on Friday released its long-awaited report on what it knows about a series of mysterious flying objects that have been seen moving through restricted military airspace over the last several decades.

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So they admit to seeing things that they don’t know what they are, where they came from, where they went, or if they’re even of this planet. 

I feel like somebody has wasted our time. 

I will say that this is a step in the right direction - previously the government wouldn't even confirm or deny there have been sightings. 

Sorry but you know when this motherfucker has this take...

"For years, the men and women we trust to defend our country reported encounters with unidentified aircraft that had superior capabilities, and for years their concerns were often ignored and ridiculed," Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, the Vice Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said in a statement on Friday. "This report is an important first step in cataloging these incidents, but it is just a first step. The Defense Department and Intelligence Community have a lot of work to do before we can actually understand whether these aerial threats present a serious national security concern."

... it's weather balloons and other mundane shit.

Several of these are literally just people misreading what the sensors are showing. One of the videos in question from recently is a seagull on a FLIR camera on a jet aircraft. The difference in relative speed from the bird and the jet are what make it look so insanely fast. 

Others are quite possibly UAVs from other countries observing our military exercises (because all of these are seen in the military training areas, which COVER each one of our coasts). 

It's also partially a snowjob to throw people off from questioning the military about ACTUAL advanced UAVs and other weapons systems and radar reflectors and stuff that WE control. 

All of this fervor is just complete and utter nonsense. The military WANTS it to be this way.

57 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Several of these are literally just people misreading what the sensors are showing. One of the videos in question from recently is a seagull on a FLIR camera on a jet aircraft. The difference in relative speed from the bird and the jet are what make it look so insanely fast. 

Others are quite possibly UAVs from other countries observing our military exercises (because all of these are seen in the military training areas, which COVER each one of our coasts). 

It's also partially a snowjob to throw people off from questioning the military about ACTUAL advanced UAVs and other weapons systems and radar reflectors and stuff that WE control. 

All of this fervor is just complete and utter nonsense. The military WANTS it to be this way.

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

I don't know what to believe but I'm open to both sides of thinking.  The videos released look like shit for the most part and you can barely tell what you're looking at. But then you have things like the 60 Minutes interview with David Fravor describing an object that just zips around in the blink of an eye, can stop on a dime then continue, and have no visible propulsion trails coming off of it.  Have any experts weighed in to say if that technology is possible right now or what it would take to recreate it?

28 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I don't know what to believe but I'm open to both sides of thinking.  The videos released look like shit for the most part and you can barely tell what you're looking at. But then you have things like the 60 Minutes interview with David Fravor describing an object that just zips around in the blink of an eye, can stop on a dime then continue, and have no visible propulsion trails coming off of it.  Have any experts weighed in to say if that technology is possible right now or what it would take to recreate it?

The Tic Tac video is just people misinterpreting the object in the sensor. It isn't moving fast. That's what experts have weighed in on. The parallax effect is making it seem to move that way before cutting off very quickly. The F-18 is moving quickly but it isn't pointed directly at the Tic Tac. It has a pod on a gimbal that can turn and directly face the target. It also has an indicator that let's you know which way the camera is pointing. As the F-18 closes in, the pod turns farther and farther to the left to point at the object. That means that the plane is getting closer to it, very quickly while still remaining to the right of the object. Once it closes in close enough, the object looks like it's flying quickly off to the left. What's happening is that the plane is close enough that the pod isn't turning to look at it anymore. It's a perspective thing. 

flir1_edit_final-converted_HD.jpg
WWW.HISTORY.COM

Official U.S. government video of a 2004 UFO encounter, taken aboard a Navy fighter jet from the nuclear aircraft carrier USS Nimitz.

The pilot described it doing that, but if that's the case, why isn't there any video of it doing that? 

The easiest answer is that people like Fravor get exclusive 60 Minutes and the New York Times get these interviews from people in the Navy (but not the Air Force, curiously enough) to perpetuate the mYsTeRy behind all of this. 

This report:

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf

is the biggest fucking waste of time.

It says nothing, alludes to a lot, and provides no detail.

It will only:

1)  Convince UFO believers that a conspiracy is going on

2)  Convince UFO skeptics that there is no evidence

3)  Provide the rest of us no insight into the data to understand if anything is REALLY going on

Part of the problem, in my opinion, is that there are a large number of people who worked in intelligence (and other agencies) who actually investigated these type of phenomenon while doing their regular duties (I can't tell you how many times I served as the counterintelligence officer on duty in a foreign country when I got called on an "unexplained" call, and I'm sure there are hundreds to thousands of similar stories of others who served in some capacity. The problem is that due to classification processes, specifics can never be discussed, so the only evidence is buried under mounds of red tape, and all that's ever going to be released to the public is mundane, out of context types of cases that even the people involved are still not allowed to comment on.

That's a problem that's always existed because of our tendency to overclassify anything. What would satisfy me, and probably everyone else that's seeking information, is for a blanket declassification of any type of UFO data so that those who actually investigated (or viewed) anything involving such phenomena, are free to discuss it so that the information actually gets into public discourse. But that's never going to happen because our counterintelligence process is to be paranoid about anything, even if it involves classifying an encyclopedia that's sold at Barnes & Noble (spoiler alert: It's been done a bunch of times, including charges brought against people who "revealed" the information available in said encyclopedia).