"Minorities... aren't worth $15 an hour in most cases."

"For those people who are coming into the labor force fresh, not oldtimers -- the poor, the minorities, the disenfranchised, those with less education, young people who haven't had the job experience -- these people aren't worth $15 an hour in most cases"

• SaysWho? changed the title to "Minorities... aren't worth $15 an hour in most cases."

I feel like everyone who makes minimum wage should strike for a day. Like a Friday would be perfect. It would be like... Oh, I don't know, I'm sure there's a word for it. Like... A UNION of people. There, that's the one. Like if we all united and said "nah, bro, I got kids to feed, missing one day hurts you more than it hurts me. Relatively speaking. Every day Already hurts for me."

His point was actually about earning skill in the workforce, but he shows his BIGOT card by assuming those people have no skills.  Poor people can have skills, and experience.  Minorities can have skills, and experience. And on the flip side, A.I./automation can replace his fucking job. What a fucking idiot.

It's grimly amusing as to how far he's degenerated into hackishness after having once being seen as somewhat relevant amongst members of his profession.

Like, he was always a *little* hackish, but I feel like since the hyperinflation predictions of the 2010s he's turned into a total clown.  Like something about Obama made him senile.  He certainly hasn't published anything being seriously discussed in academic circles lately, even by conservative economists.

Maybe the cushy consulting gigs made him lazy, I dunno.

Shame--it would be nice to have conservative economists on TV actually debate the research being done on the effects of minimum wages, rather than just regurgitating Friedman's talking points from decades ago.  Maybe we could approximate some semblance of, um, actual discourse...

:rofl: