Starfield - Information Thread, update: May Update (detailed surface maps, difficulty options, display settings) to release on May 15

SaysWho?

This is frustrating me. I am trying to acquire the power on Altair IV-C and there is no distortion or temple in sight. I made SURE I'm in the correct location as I've been trying this for almost an hour. 

After some research it looks like this quests bugs out a lot. So I guess I can't do it? Anyone have issues with this?

I didn’t have that particular issue but as you said it doesn’t seem uncommon. There’s so many powers in the game and most of them you never use so I’d just move on to something else and see if the big patch in a week or so fixes it.

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

I didn’t have that particular issue but as you said it doesn’t seem uncommon. There’s so many powers in the game and most of them you never use so I’d just move on to something else and see if the big patch in a week or so fixes it.

Yea, I'm moving on to the campaign for now. About to introduce myself to Sam Coe which I DO NOT like lol. 

I finally got the option to flirt with Sarah which never happened in my previous playthroughs. I will see where that ends up. 

• Sicko Sherman 1

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yet another bug to aquire a power ability at a temple. It won't even let me travel there. I was successful with another one today, though.

Are you sure it’s a bug and it’s not that your ship can’t make the jump? 

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ah ok was just wondering because some of them later on I know made me upgrade my ship. Hopefully the patch drops soon!

Did you get 

Spoiler

the free ship by beating the Freestar Rangers quest line? Another other ships?

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Did you get 

Hide contents

the free ship by beating the Freestar Rangers quest line? Another other ships?

I got that one but I don’t think it was that great. My end game ship was one I got from doing Walter Shroud’s loyalty missions. But I also had to upgrade the grav drive on that one to reach all the powers. I also added weapons to it as it didn’t have any.

The update is now available through the game's Steam Beta branch.

BETHESDA.NET

Our latest update is now available in our Steam Beta. This update brings over a hundred fixes and adjustments, most of which focus on quality-of-life improvements and quest fixes.

Our latest update is now available in our Steam Beta. This update brings over a hundred fixes and adjustments, most of which focus on quality-of-life improvements and quest fixes. Our full list of patch notes is below. We believe we got that pesky asteroid follower this time....

We’re grateful for all the feedback we’ve seen and received and will continue to monitor and track your issues and critiques. As we noted last year, we’ll continue to have a steady stream of updates about every six weeks, so if you don’t see your issue addressed below, don’t lose faith! Keep sharing your feedback and issues so we can do our best to prioritize.

Thank you again and see you in Starfield!

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Starfield - Information Thread, update: PC Update 1.9.47.0 now available through Steam Beta branch
  • 2 months later...

I’m really having fun this time since starting over. I guess going into it without high expectations has made it more enjoyable? I dunno what it is but I know I’m having a good time and soaking up the Bethesda goodness. 

• Hype 2

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I’m really having fun this time since starting over. I guess going into it without high expectations has made it more enjoyable? I dunno what it is but I know I’m having a good time and soaking up the Bethesda goodness. 

Don't know where you are but some of the questlines are really well done. I think the Vanguard one was done really well. Just make sure you really learn how to do the ship to ship combat.

• True 1

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't know where you are but some of the questlines are really well done. I think the Vanguard one was done really well. Just make sure you really learn how to do the ship to ship combat.

Ship combat in this kicked my ass lol. Even when I got a new more powerful ship I'd still get destroyed. 😔 

Just now, Biggie said:

Probably, but one thing I'm certain about. It's not a bad game.

It's a 7/10. Worth checking out but it's so freakin dated gameplay wise. I tried beating this at least 5 different times and always quit. Bethesda needs to get with the times and update their style.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I think it definitely helps to have lower expectations and embrace it for what it is. I looked at it as the entire space and all the planets combined are the equal to the normal Bethesda play space rather than expecting each planet itself to be so and it makes more sense that way.

• True 1

7 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Is anyone concerned about ES6 after this game? I know I am which is very sad indeed. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

nope.

Nope. Not at all. ES6 is gonna be epic. 

• True 1

Hopefully it doesn't load every 20 feet like Starfield. I want a huge open world not 1000 different small locations where it doesn't feel like a cohesive world. 

I honestly don't even know what the point was in flying the ship in Starfield. It was a glorified loading screen lol. 

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Bethesda does fantasy better than sci-fi, IMO, so no :p 

I really hope they get back on the level of Skyrim in terms of the world. I just hope to God they have improved combat. 

• True 1

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I really hope they get back on the level of Skyrim in terms of the world. I just hope to God they have improved combat. 

Starfield’s gun play is solid 

• True 1