The Biden Administration’s family benefit plan has been outflanked on the left by...Mitt Romney?!

10 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I had one, and im not sure how you guys do it. Money part aside, just the pure insanity of having 3 young children. Wow.

My wife comes from a gigantic family. We comprised down to the number of kids we can fit in the backseat of a sedan. It's not so bad one you get them on the same schedule. We also lucked out a bit, so I wouldn't recommend it to everybody. My oldest is pretty self reliant. I just need to be careful because he's perfectly happy playing through Luigi's Mansion in one sitting if you're not careful. He's also a brick when he sleeps. He's literally slept through me accidently dropping him. My middle is on the spectrum and would rather play alone most of the time. She can get lost flipping through a book for a couple hours straight. She's also deeply pattern orientated. If I lead her into a dark room, she'll find a blanket and just go to sleep. My youngest is wild. She's adorable, but a pure fire cracker. At two years old she lives up to every Puerto Rican woman stereotype. We really pushed our luck after the first two :lol:

45 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

for all his trolling on twitter, bruenig is probably the guy to follow on this subject

Anyway, glad to see Dems making a mess out of a slam dunk because means testing is in their blood

Excuse my ignorance but what does he mean by over payments will trigger clawbacks via tax bills ?

17 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Excuse my ignorance but what does he mean by over payments will trigger clawbacks via tax bills ?

If you get more benefit than you're "entitled" to the difference must be paid back. It's a ripe for maladministration.

For instance if you get unemployment but the government says, upon review actually you're not eligible for unemployment, you now owe us thousands that we already paid out and you probably already spent.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If you get more benefit than you're "entitled" to the difference must be paid back. It's a ripe for maladministration.

For instance if you get unemployment but the government says, upon review actually you're not eligible for unemployment, you now owe us thousands that we already paid out and you probably already spent.

This happens with SSI all the time, every month I would get a new bill saying I was overpaid or underpaid because they went back two months to guess my future disability check. It then takes three months for them to process the check you send them. 

If TANF is as much of a mess as US disability programs, then nuke it from orbit. Sometimes you can't fix this programs and you're better off just starting over, we've been trying to fix the disability system for decades and managed to only make it even more of a cluster fuck. Excuse me while I go to report my income on social security's broken website and then make room in my bank account so I don't dare go over $2,000 on the first of the month even though I get paid from my job on the 31st, better do it early though because it takes 7 days to transfer the money to my able account. Also can't lose those disability expense receipts, or that random IRS audit of my able account will terminate Medicaid on me.