G4 Reunion Special

silentbob

Kind of a dumb thing but it was nice to see Olivia there and that she didn’t think she had become “too big” for it. 

G4 was one of those things I def took for granted and missed greatly when it was gone. Easily my favorite time of year was their E3 coverage. To have a channel that was showing nothing but video game trailers and interviews for 3 days straight was amazing. 

46 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Kind of a dumb thing but it was nice to see Olivia there and that she didn’t think she had become “too big” for it. 

G4 was one of those things I def took for granted and missed greatly when it was gone. Easily my favorite time of year was their E3 coverage. To have a channel that was showing nothing but video game trailers and interviews for 3 days straight was amazing. 

Can somebody please explain to me why some gamers hate Olivia munn? Gamers are the only people who I’ve actually seen talk crap about her and I have no idea why. Because she moved onto better things? And wasn’t really a gamer? 

7 hours ago, johnny said:

Can somebody please explain to me why some gamers hate Olivia munn? Gamers are the only people who I’ve actually seen talk crap about her and I have no idea why. Because she moved onto better things? And wasn’t really a gamer? 

Oh I wasn’t taking a shot at her. I like her. I was just saying as the person who achieved the most main stream success of anyone on the that channel. She could have easily just gone the route of pretending she didn’t get her start on some nerdy talk show for gamers. Kinda like some actors don’t like to acknowledge the early terrible horror movies they were in. I was appreciating she didn’t and makes me like her even more. 

I think they just thought Olivia Munn was a fake geek girl or whatever. She probably mostly was, but who cares. They put her on because she was hot and good on camera, and hey, she was very hot and she was good on camera. Sometimes it doesn't have to be deeper than that. They know their audience. Men are dumb animals and we like looking at pretty girls. It's a fact.

I used to watch all of these shows back in the day. I listened to Leo Laporte's podcasts for a while afterwards, but yeah, everyone hates him now. Apparently he's a next level asshole.

He's also annoying on the air, he changes his opinions all the time. He always just agrees with whoever was on. He's got a good surface level -- explain things to your mom -- understanding of the tech world, but his opinions and thoughts really aren't that entertaining or informative.

I stopped paying attention to him (or any of these people) like 10-15 years ago.

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I miss Adam Sessler being a fixture in gaming culture. He has a way of articulating things that is very unique.

Same, Sesslers soapbox was such a progressive piece of media that always got people talking.  Sessler was also just about the best person the gaming industry could have had as a spokesperson to defend it on cable news networks.  He was a pivotal figure in defending the medium when everybody was attempting to use video games as a scapegoat for school shootings.  I'd love to see him return to gaming in some capacity. 

On 11/28/2020 at 12:41 PM, Jason said:

Yeah, this is not the reunion I care about...unfortunately Leo Laporte is apparently an asshole though so not sure if the others would be willing to do a reunion that involved Leo.

Really?  That's disappointing to learn.  I never pictured him as being an ass.  The only individual from The Screensavers I still follow is Patrick Norton.  His AVexcel podcast is very solid.  Quite friendly on Twitter too.  

2 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Really?  That's disappointing to learn.  I never pictured him as being an ass.  The only individual from The Screensavers I still follow is Patrick Norton.  His AVexcel podcast is very solid.  Quite friendly on Twitter too.  

I've never dug too deeply but there's various sources saying Leo is an ass: http://adam.curry.com/art/1509011320_EyHwxLSJ.html

Never heard anything bad about Patrick though.

• Shocked 1

TOTALDRAMA.NET

Exposing The Dark Underbelly of TWiT, Leo Laporte, and Failed CEO Lisa Laporte

Yeah, there's a whole website dedicated to trolling Leo and his podcast company.

I remember it being kinda funny back in the day, but I stopped paying attention to them because they kept posting stupid sexist toxic male shit.