Final Fantasy XVI – Information Thread, update: PC version in "final stages of optimization', pre-release demo planned

Pikachu

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Xbob42 how many hours did it take you to beat it?

The PS5 dashboard says 125 hours, which is wildly inaccurate, so I think that's counting the several times I just left the game paused while I was out doing other things, which was pretty much every day. I can't find an in-game counter but I'd say somewhere in the area of 60-70 hours.

11 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The PS5 dashboard says 125 hours, which is wildly inaccurate, so I think that's counting the several times I just left the game paused while I was out doing other things, which was pretty much every day. I can't find an in-game counter but I'd say somewhere in the area of 60-70 hours.

Ok. Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I can't read like 90% of this thread because I'm only like 15 hours in (was in the process of moving) but I'm loving it so far. S

The story has been pretty predictable to this point but it looks and sounds so damn good that I ain't even mad.

Story gets very interesting. Also, the game keeps getting better and better in all aspects. 

In spoilers, where are you at?

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie 

Reveal hidden contents

This game is so good I litteraly can't stop playing. Holy hell. 

I’m about to 

Spoiler

Fight Hugo Kupka 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Killed 

Reveal hidden contents

Yep, just killed him myself. It wasn't too difficult which I absolutely love about this game. It has the perfect balance in difficulty that challenges you but never frustrates you. I have put some serious hours into this in the last 3 days since my save corruption. I fuckin love this game. 

1 hour ago, Slug said:

you read ahead?

I might be confused in what you meant. You can tell me in a spoiler if you want. 

Just now, Slug said:

@best3444

Hide contents

I was talking about Shiva's circle-button ability (which is incredible). If you're just recently getting around to killing Kupka/Titan then you're still quite a ways off from taking Jill's power from her.

Ohh..I see. Yea, I'm not there yet. I look forward to new abilities so that's sweet. Thanks. 

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Are you close in beating 16?

I beat it two days ago lol

You even reacted to it

On 6/30/2023 at 5:18 PM, Bacon said:

The ending was pretty good until it wasn't and the

Reveal hidden contents

just makes it worse but also better. The final battle is pretty hype overall tho. Kind of a shame it doesn't end with a mega-dungeon like the rest of them. It's cutscenes and boss battles all the way down.

The game reminds me way too much of the MMO and has taken many story beats right from FF14 including Endwalker.

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

It is stunning how anime this game is. At times it's a very good thing, but most often it is not. It is surprising how mediocre the story turned out because I think, as a whole, FF14 is great, obviously, Shadowbringers is the stand-out part. I mean, I guess I could call the story competent, but not much more than that. It if wasn't for the great cutscenes I don't think many would view the story as something special. Like if this plot was put into a pixel FF, I feel it would be considered forgettable. Classic Japan ending too which is not a good thing.

I was planning on doing a whole review about it, a lot more than just this, but I doubt I will. The game's not worth it, for me. I'll stick with my 7/10 score. Or maybe I should give it the classic 79/100. DLC could make the ending better for me, but pretty sure SE is gonna be sniffing their own farts and will keep it how it is. I know some people will like it, but I've been tired of these shitty Japanese ending for a long ass time.

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Typo, i meant when you are done with FF7R then it’ll be time to download FF Origins: Stranger of Paradise. That’s the one I’m playing now.

Ok. Will do. I just hope I'm not in ff overload after I beat 16.