The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

I don’t mean to shock anyone, but I was not able to get one of these this morning.

Ima just try casually for a month because if I can get one at any time I can sell the 3080 to make it a free upgrade, see what happens.

I did sign up for the evga elite membership last night so when that page comes back online I’ll see if I can just get in queue.

• Shocked 1

lol so did anyone else try?

I finally was able to login to the evga page and get in the queue for the 3080ti ftw3. I’ll see what happens, I forgot how annoying it is dealing with the crashing websites, that’s by far the worst part of trying to get one, this is all the effort I’m putting in for this one.

Edit: Elite evga members are the only ones who can get in queue for this until tomorrow so it’s a decent head start at least if anyone else wants to try to queue this.

• Like 1

I was watching a few pages, but nothing came up. I was kind of hoping that some 3080s would become available at the same time and that maybe I could snag one. No such luck.

If anything I'd guess that 3080s will become even harder to get, as it makes more sense for nVidia to make as many 3080Tis as they can.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

lol so did anyone else try?

I finally was able to login to the evga page and get in the queue for the 3080ti ftw3. I’ll see what happens, I forgot how annoying it is dealing with the crashing websites, that’s by far the worst part of trying to get one, this is all the effort I’m putting in for this one.

Edit: Elite evga members are the only ones who can get in queue for this until tomorrow so it’s a decent head start at least if anyone else wants to try to queue this.

Good luck, man! You have a solid plan with buying and selling so you'd make out golden if you snag this. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I was watching a few pages, but nothing came up. I was kind of hoping that some 3080s would become available at the same time and that maybe I could snag one. No such luck.

If anything I'd guess that 3080s will become even harder to get, as it makes more sense for nVidia to make as many 3080Tis as they can.

Reading around a bit it sounds like since crypto is nerfed on the 3080ti, at least older 3080s will end up holding a pretty similar value, so yeah it might just be harder now all around lol.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
3c7ce6bf4b7cda223a115118a5384821.gif
KOTAKU.COM

A combination of pandemic-driven shortages and the planet’s increasingly gruesome fascination with crypto-mining means it’s hard getting your hands on a new graphics card at the moment. And if you were wondering just how hard, look at this...

What a fuckin mess. That was poorly executed lol.

5 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

I've been doing that for months now, said fuck it and got a 6700XT that was physically in stock at Microcenter.

Yeah, I have been trying for a 5900 or 5950 on there and not once. This little pig fuck looks at the site at like midnight and goes "I think I want a 3070." Wakes up at 8am and clicks on one of the 3 EVGA options and goes back to sleep. He gets the email just after noon that he got it. 

Here I had to wait months for my step-up and he just decides out of the blue to get one and gets it. 

Also, if you can't tell I have a loving relationship with my son :p

• Haha 1

The RTX 3070 Ti ain't exactly lighting the world on fire.

A price premium for a modest performance bump (Digital Foundry)

Despite the potential to fall neatly between the RTX 3070 and RTX 3080 in terms of price and performance, the 3070 Ti doesn't hit the target and actually serves to emphasise how good its stablemates are. At its $600 recommended retail price, you're not getting a performance increase over the 3070 that justifies its 20 percent higher price. Even at 4K, where differences in graphics horsepower are maximised, you're still getting only four to 10 percent extra performance - with diminishing returns at 1080p and 1440p, where the power of your CPU also has an influence on results.

rtx3070tilede_1.jpg
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

A solid 1440p card, but AMD beats it in price and perf.

IMG_1580-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Nvidia thought you wanted faster VRAM for this "Ti," not more. Was Nvidia right?

4720a9f1-c8de-11eb-9fe3-d2dbc0ef4b8a
WWW.ENGADGET.COM

NVIDIA's RTX 3070 Ti is a solid upgrade for owners of the RTX 2070 Super, but not a huge leap from the 3070..

UfNJg6QXpdDfR6pb7abdEj-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Nvidia's latest Ti takes aim at AMD's RX 6800 with a mix of fast memory and a moderate chip upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been seeing some drops recently that are available, but it seems like a lot of retailers are choosing to force the cards into a bundle. Like you can't just buy the card, you have to buy a monitor and a PSU and whatever other bullshit they're trying to get rid of.

On 6/16/2021 at 12:17 AM, BlueAngel said:

My local microcenter is charging almost 2k for this card, the market is fucked and they actually have some in stock. Price gouging is an understatement. I've lost a lot of respect for microcenter during this bs.

They did this before during the last cryptocraze. They did offer a discount if you were buying the PC for gaming. I don't think they are doing it now though.

8 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Oh they aren't, I asked about the crazy prices and I got a "well its still cheaper than ebay", I lost some respect for microcenter after that. 

I mean, they're not wrong, but still. Like you said, pure price gouging on their part, and they know it. What a joke.

I got on eVGA's auto-notify thingy for the 3060Ti back in March. Still haven't heard if and when my queue is up, but maybe a few more months. And who knows? Maybe by the time I get in a slot, I may not even buy it anyway.

If you can charge more for a non-essential item, you’d be dumb not to. I’m surprised nVidia didn’t go up even higher on the MSRP to capture the true market value of these cards.

28 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Yeah I am on the evga wait list thingy too, for a 3060Ti, 3070 and a 3080 lol I know I'll never get that notification, and at this point I don't even care I will wait it out a bit longer.

With my luck, I’d probably have a better chance with the Newegg shuffle. 

Not that it would be a big deal anyway, since my PC would be severely bottlenecked with my AMD FX 8320. But with a 1080p 60hz display, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. :lol:

2 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

With an FX I don't think you would see much of a difference with what you have now, it's just not fast enough to push a newer card.

Perhaps with an RTX card.

Although given what Hardware Unboxed uncovered a few months ago with driver overhead issues with newer nVidia cards and older CPUs, maybe an RX 6700XT would be a better fit in this case. 

I feel I’m at a point where I just refuse to let my AMD FX die. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AMD.com has a queue system now. New cards come out every Thursday at 10am EST.

Also positive news in adevntures of OC. I was able to turn on auto OC and it works but wish it was more consistent. So my 5800x can get to 4.85Ghz. My 6800XT is now maxed out. 2675Mhz on the GPU and 2150Mhz on the memory. Bought 3d mark to test it and I forgot how pretty 3d mark is. Also I can't believe my average is over 100FPS. (The 4k ultra one still kicks my ass)

• 3 weeks later...