Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 announced (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

Brian

If this means a quick "cheap" way to get funding for a proper Ritual of the Night sequel, I'm down.

But I have zero interest in these faux-retro pixel art games. I only play retro games for nostalgia's sake. I still like to play old NES and SNES games, but that's because I was there when they were new and I still love them. Back in 1995 or so I couldn't wait to see what gaming would be like in the future. Now that it's here, why the fuck would I want to go back?

Oh I'm definitely down for this. I love vintage Castlevania and I really enjoyed Curse of the Moon. Sign me up. Love that they are keeping the old-school sprites too. Makes it feel like a hidden gem I missed growing up. And hey, if it helps bankroll a Ritual of the Night 2, all the better! 

On 6/23/2020 at 5:55 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

If this means a quick "cheap" way to get funding for a proper Ritual of the Night sequel, I'm down.

But I have zero interest in these faux-retro pixel art games. I only play retro games for nostalgia's sake. I still like to play old NES and SNES games, but that's because I was there when they were new and I still love them. Back in 1995 or so I couldn't wait to see what gaming would be like in the future. Now that it's here, why the fuck would I want to go back?

Because most of what we got now sucks in comparison?

11 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Oh I'm definitely down for this. I love vintage Castlevania and I really enjoyed Curse of the Moon. Sign me up. Love that they are keeping the old-school sprites too. Makes it feel like a hidden gem I missed growing up. And hey, if it helps bankroll a Ritual of the Night 2, all the better! 

Pretty sure Ritual of the Night's sales were good enough to greenlight a sequel. Curse of the Moon was just good enough to warrant its own sequel :) Remember how worried people were with this project after Mighty No.9? This was one Kickstarter that I backed which was totally worth it!

• Like 1

@DPCyric

Oh wow, this was the only Kickstarter you backed? Well, gotta admit. You picked a great one! I've backed:

Shovel Knight

Tadpole Treble

Mighty No. 9

Yooka-Laylee

Bloodstained

I really only kinda regret one or two of those (guess which ones!) but both of them got GREAT spin-off games, so...all's well that ends well?

16 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@DPCyric

Oh wow, this was the only Kickstarter you backed? Well, gotta admit. You picked a great one! I've backed:

Shovel Knight

Tadpole Treble

Mighty No. 9

Yooka-Laylee

Bloodstained

I really only kinda regret one or two of those (guess which ones!) but both of them got GREAT spin-off games, so...all's well that ends well?

No just one that was worth it! I've backed a ton of them but mostly board games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...