Jump to content

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 announced (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)


Brian
 Share

Recommended Posts

If this means a quick "cheap" way to get funding for a proper Ritual of the Night sequel, I'm down.

 

But I have zero interest in these faux-retro pixel art games. I only play retro games for nostalgia's sake. I still like to play old NES and SNES games, but that's because I was there when they were new and I still love them. Back in 1995 or so I couldn't wait to see what gaming would be like in the future. Now that it's here, why the fuck would I want to go back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh I'm definitely down for this. I love vintage Castlevania and I really enjoyed Curse of the Moon. Sign me up. Love that they are keeping the old-school sprites too. Makes it feel like a hidden gem I missed growing up. And hey, if it helps bankroll a Ritual of the Night 2, all the better! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2020 at 5:55 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

If this means a quick "cheap" way to get funding for a proper Ritual of the Night sequel, I'm down.

 

But I have zero interest in these faux-retro pixel art games. I only play retro games for nostalgia's sake. I still like to play old NES and SNES games, but that's because I was there when they were new and I still love them. Back in 1995 or so I couldn't wait to see what gaming would be like in the future. Now that it's here, why the fuck would I want to go back?

 

Because most of what we got now sucks in comparison?

11 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Oh I'm definitely down for this. I love vintage Castlevania and I really enjoyed Curse of the Moon. Sign me up. Love that they are keeping the old-school sprites too. Makes it feel like a hidden gem I missed growing up. And hey, if it helps bankroll a Ritual of the Night 2, all the better! 

 

Pretty sure Ritual of the Night's sales were good enough to greenlight a sequel. Curse of the Moon was just good enough to warrant its own sequel :) Remember how worried people were with this project after Mighty No.9? This was one Kickstarter that I backed which was totally worth it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@DPCyric

 

Oh wow, this was the only Kickstarter you backed? Well, gotta admit. You picked a great one! I've backed:

 

Shovel Knight

Tadpole Treble

Mighty No. 9

Yooka-Laylee

Bloodstained

 

I really only kinda regret one or two of those (guess which ones!) but both of them got GREAT spin-off games, so...all's well that ends well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@DPCyric

 

Oh wow, this was the only Kickstarter you backed? Well, gotta admit. You picked a great one! I've backed:

 

Shovel Knight

Tadpole Treble

Mighty No. 9

Yooka-Laylee

Bloodstained

 

I really only kinda regret one or two of those (guess which ones!) but both of them got GREAT spin-off games, so...all's well that ends well?

 

No just one that was worth it! I've backed a ton of them but mostly board games.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...