Anything like The Last Kingdom I could watch?

I have really wanted more TLK lately, but not really sure what to watch. And to get a bit more specific I really want the show, or even movie to focus on basically like one character. TLK did show other perspectives, but like, not really. It was basically a show about Uhtred with other characters sprinkled in. Well, you could argue that the Alfred was the second protagonist, but whatever. I just want something like TLK the mostly follow one character. 

Your suggestions can be from any service. Netflix is preferred tho. And I don't mean it has to be vikings or even set in our reality but just something similar in general. 

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

No. I will one day prolly. But I am really looking for that "YEAH LET'S WATCH THAT RIGHT NOW" suggestion. 

If you just want a show that’s focused on a singular character but the setting doesn’t matter then try Altered Carbon. Not nearly on TLK level but it’s a really fun show in a cool setting and it might be the prettiest show I’ve ever seen in 4k

I read often enough. I mean, I read more than I watch tv shows.  And I don't know what you are confused at. Watching hulu on chrome/firefox looks like total shit. Shit is like 480p. Not a perfect comparison but fair enough. Just look at the text. Might have to go full screen tho.

Hulu:

b691604fe74dbf0009d224d1b5246f22.jpg

Amazon Prime:

4d43fdd05f1eb1d4d5fc934848929296.jpg

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I actually didn't know you were a reader of any significance, though.

I mean, I am, but not like you guys.  In no way is any of it intellectually stimulating. I am a stupid reader. Just some examples are The Dark Elf Trilogy, The Broken Empire Trilogy, The Kingkiller Chronicle, Blood Song, Son of the Black Sword, Assassin's Apprentice(and maybe others by Robin Hobb can't remember), and just stuff like that. Plus a ton a web fictions(not fan fictions), but now that shit is really of no significance. 100% lowbow reading material.

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

I mean, I am, but not like you guys.  In no way is any of it intellectually stimulating. I am a stupid reader. Just some examples are The Dark Elf Trilogy, The Broken Empire Trilogy, The Kingkiller Chronicle, Blood Song, Son of the Black Sword, Assassin's Apprentice(and maybe others by Robin Hobb can't remember), and just stuff like that. Plus a ton a web fictions(not fan fictions), but now that shit is really of no significance. 100% lowbow reading material.

Don't knock it, they're cracking books. 

I would say read the Uhtred books by Bernard Cornwall, they're all straight forward, engaging and easy to polish off over a long weekend if you wanted. 

In terms of series, I would also say Vikings, although I had a lot of time for Marco Polo, Narco's and I've heard good things about Empire. 

On 6/7/2020 at 12:23 AM, Emblazon said:

@Bacon If you want more of TLK, the series is currently only through book 8. There are 4 more books, with a 5th and final (book 13) due later this year. Get to it!

Can’t wait  I am sad to see the story of Uhtred end though. 

8 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Honestly, Black Sails fits the bill. Watched it for the first time recently and in terms of tone, complexity, and themes it matches TLK in a lot of ways. I really enjoyed that show a lot, it impressed me more than I expected.

Really? I’d love a good pirate show but I always assumed it was kinda low budget and not great. No idea why I thought that though haha

36 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Really? I’d love a good pirate show but I always assumed it was kinda low budget and not great. No idea why I thought that though haha

I had thought the same but it is really good prestige television. It really starts to get good in the second season.