Houston Astros' Jeff Luhnow, AJ Hinch suspended 1 year; Alex Cora (Red Sox) and Carlos Beltran (Mets) Out

AbsolutSurgen

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You just said you would need an MLB statement/report to accept it, but you didn’t use that standard with the Astros. Just pointing out the inconsistency of your position :) 

Nah reread. I said credible report. Which there was. The Atlantic broke that story wide open. Give me something like that and I’m all ears. “look at Twitter” is not credible. 

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

Acting like this is restricted to the Astros is super naive.

Could the Dodgers have? Sure. To say they DID without anything is funny. I’m not going to agree they or any other team cheated just because someone on Twitter said every team is doing it. All I’m asking is for some evidence like we had with the Astros and now Red Sox. If you don’t agree with me I’m cool with that. 

oh and Yankees since I seem to remember them getting fined for using the bullpen phone or something in the past few years? 

5 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Could the Dodgers have? Sure. To say they DID without anything is funny. I’m not going to agree they or any other team cheated just because someone on Twitter said every team is doing it. All I’m asking is for some evidence like we had with the Astros and now Red Sox. If you don’t agree with me I’m cool with that. 

oh and Yankees since I seem to remember them getting fined for using the bullpen phone or something in the past few years? 

It was Logan Morrison who said it, not someone on twitter.

1 minute ago, rc0101 said:

And he deleted it didn’t he? I don’t have Instagram. 

Any other articles making this claim? 

MLB rumors: Ex-Yankees minor leaguer rips Astros probe, Rob Manfred

“I was playing with Seattle in 2014 and every time we went into Houston you would hear this banging," Morrison wrote. “No one put two and two together. Seattle fans may remember we came with in (sic) a game of going to the playoffs. Felix should have won a CY young (sic) that year. But couldn’t get pasted (sic) the 5th in Houston.

“I know from first hand accounts that the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Red Sox all have used film to pick signs. Just want you guys to know the truth. I personally think it’s a tool in a tool belt to pick signs, but if we are going to be punishing people for it. Don’t half ass it.”

He played in the Yankees system last year, so I assume he knows what he's talking about WRT to them.

3 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

And he deleted it didn’t he? I don’t have Instagram. 

Any other articles making this claim? 

The Brewers, Mets, and Red Sox, hilarious enough, all complained about the Dodgers stealing signs. This isn't a be thing either. There are articles about this going back years. How have you managed to miss them all?

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

The Brewers, Mets, and Red Sox, hilarious enough, all complained about the Dodgers stealing signs. This isn't a be thing either. There are articles about this going back years. How have you managed to miss them all?

Every team accuses the other of stealing signs. 

MLB should investigate the Dodgers. I wasn’t aware of Morissons accusation and to be honest wasn’t even aware of who he is. 

if he is credible I can’t imagine some reporter doesn’t follow up with him. 

7 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Every team accuses the other of stealing signs. 

MLB should investigate the Dodgers. I wasn’t aware of Morissons accusation and to be honest wasn’t even aware of who he is. 

if he is credible I can’t imagine some reporter doesn’t follow up with him. 

There's no need to investigate them. If there was, EVERY team would be under investigation. The league issued their warning and by all accounts I've seen, the Dodgers and most other teams dropped it. Houston's problem is that they didn't and they're getting a slap on the wrist because of it.

21 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

There's no need to investigate them. If there was, EVERY team would be under investigation. The league issued their warning and by all accounts I've seen, the Dodgers and most other teams dropped it. Houston's problem is that they didn't and they're getting hit a slap on the wrist because of it.

Yeah and I don’t agree with mlb on either case. This has the potential of the steroid era all over again. 

Also, if MLB won’t investigate it doesn’t mean someone like Rosenthal won’t/aren’t right now. 

also I’ll add this... The Dogers were 18th in strikeouts in ‘17 and 23rd in ‘18 so if they were stealing signs they did a piss poor job :lol:

1 hour ago, rc0101 said:

lol I obviously meant article as my earlier reply. This is getting silly. 

I accept your intention was something other than how I read it.

50 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

also I’ll add this... The Dogers were 18th in strikeouts in ‘17 and 23rd in ‘18 so if they were stealing signs they did a piss poor job :lol:

Carlos Beltran, the guy credited with instituting the camera/trash can sign stealing scheme in Houston had worse splits at home than on the road even in the playoffs, for 2017. Stealing signs doesn’t necessarily make you more disciplined at the plate, it likely helps those who already possess good instincts at the plate but may give no meaningful advantage to those who already struggle to lay off pitches they shouldn’t swing at. 

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Guess this just leaves the Yankees as the only reputable organization left in baseball 

The Yankees are alleged to have used electronic means (specifically the video replay room) to steal signs as early as the 2015 season and into the 2017 season, which was a violation of the rules at the time :) 

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Someone is upset their team didn't get the chance to go all in with the sign stealing...

Reallly bad take on Mendoza’s part. MLB knew about all this because teams had been flinging complaints left and right for *years* and it wasn’t until Fiers went on the record in the media that MLB was forced to deal with it.

Fiers is still a rat though :lol:

10 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Or he wore it in the ALCS when it was too loud for garbage can banging :hmm::ohsnap:

Here is your credible reporting AND MLB statement, all in one :p 

11 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Yeah I wasn’t being serious just knew I would get a response from you :p

I know. This is all humorous to me.

Josh Reddick’s wife going HAM on Twitter over the accusation that Reddick was wearing a buzzer that signaled what pitch type was coming.

Should instead just point out that Josh Reddick has been hardcore trash for three straight post seasons!