I started a web store...

DPCyric

So I started a site in an early attempt to build an online empire and improve my financial situation (and my customers life experience!). Would anyone here be willing to give it a shout out? I'm currently editing some stuff on it (product descriptions and such) but it's live :cool: Also if anyone is interested in purchasing some stuff I have some recommendations!

20 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You’re finally selling your used panties? :daydream:

That wasn't the plan but I'm sure we can arrange something :thinking:

14 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

@DPCyric - post the link!

Ok :blush: It's far from finished but I spent a long time searching for good products and really needed to launch it with all the time and money I have put into it so far:

https://the-exsul.com/

I would greatly appreciate feedback and shares :) Be brutal and honest please :epilepsy:

3 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I like the look of the website (clean looking, makes sense with the tone and the brands) but I don't love the word 'trendy' - maybe Health and Wellbeing Items?

I will work on some word replacement there! I am happy you like the clean look :) A lot of websites are way too busy IMO.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Some SEO advice. You might want to rename "Home" to something more relevant to the site, or just eliminate it since The Exsul leads to the same place.

I disagree. It’s never a bad thing to give users multiple ways to accomplish the same thing. Also, just because you know and associate the logo with going back to the home page, doesn’t mean all users do. Having something that says “Home” should always be available on a website. 

32 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

I disagree. It’s never a bad thing to give users multiple ways to accomplish the same thing. Also, just because you know and associate the logo with going back to the home page, doesn’t mean all users do. Having something that says “Home” should always be available on a website. 

Yeah but just don't call it "home"

The reason why is search engines index the anchor text and the text "home" isn't relevant to the site. So if the text read as "The Exsul" instead it pumps up the keywords of his website

On 1/15/2020 at 6:04 PM, Emblazon said:

Personally, I like the sex swing. :p

What did you do to implement Apple Pay? Did it come built into the platform, or did you require an API?

Also, how do you go about getting the rights to sell those products, and at a listed discount?

First my used panties and now this... really didn't expect this to be the direction this thread took :thinking:

Apple Pay came built into the platform!

There are a lot of companies that will allow a retailer to sell their products on their site. If you are interested in starting something like this up PM me :)

On 1/15/2020 at 11:29 PM, SimpleG said:

You are way more educated than  I , we always refer to them as Vietnamese Fuck Baskets

:rofl:

Edit: My best friend messages me on FB "That's a weird name for a sex swing" :epilepsy:

On 1/15/2020 at 1:09 AM, gamer.tv said:

I like the look of the website (clean looking, makes sense with the tone and the brands) but I don't love the word 'trendy' - maybe Health and Wellbeing Items?

I changed it to Housewares for now does that sound good?

On 1/15/2020 at 11:46 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah but just don't call it "home"

The reason why is search engines index the anchor text and the text "home" isn't relevant to the site. So if the text read as "The Exsul" instead it pumps up the keywords of his website

Done! Thanks for the SEO advice that is something I still need to learn a lot about.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...