Dan Ryckert is departing Giant Bomb to pursue his true passion: the WWE

Commissar SFLUFAN

Kinda bummed since Dan was like 85% of the energy of the GB East team. Also kind of worried that Dan's getting a little too close to the sausage being made in a way that might actually ruin his (kind of annoying) love for wrestling and that we might see him back in the gaming sphere within a couple years.

I don't know much about wrestling outside of the nonstop shit I hear from Giant Bomb's obsessed staff, but I never hear great things once people actually get out of it.

He was never all that close to the sausage working for Giant Bomb, because the games still have to come in from an outside source, they didn't bunk with Kojima for 4 years as they made Death Stranding. I can't imagine this being the dream job he thinks it is.

In any case, whether it is or it isn't, he'd regret it for the rest of his life if he passed up the opportunity, and he should get in while his endless luck seems to still be in effect.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Kinda bummed since Dan was like 85% of the energy of the GB East team. Also kind of worried that Dan's getting a little too close to the sausage being made in a way that might actually ruin his (kind of annoying) love for wrestling and that we might see him back in the gaming sphere within a couple years.

I don't know much about wrestling outside of the nonstop shit I hear from Giant Bomb's obsessed staff, but I never hear great things once people actually get out of it.

He was never all that close to the sausage working for Giant Bomb, because the games still have to come in from an outside source, they didn't bunk with Kojima for 4 years as they made Death Stranding. I can't imagine this being the dream job he thinks it is.

In any case, whether it is or it isn't, he'd regret it for the rest of his life if he passed up the opportunity, and he should get in while his endless luck seems to still be in effect.

He's the dumber Forrest Gump of nerds and he has to fulfill his destiny.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

I would be surprised if he's back either. 

As long as GB East has Vinnie, I think they'll be OK. Losing Dan is a blow though. I wish they'd just pick up JB full time, he's got great chemistry with Vinnie. 

50 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I would be surprised if he's back either. 

As long as GB East has Vinnie, I think they'll be OK. Losing Dan is a blow though. I wish they'd just pick up JB full time, he's got great chemistry with Vinnie. 

I like Jeff a lot and would like to see more of him, but honestly I think to fill the Dan void they'll need more than one person.

Dan was that absolute perfect person for Giant Bomb to hire after Ryan passed. It'll be tough to fill his shoes.

Its kind of a bummer because I've largely given up on the WWE. While there is talent there that I really enjoy, their overall wrestling product has been weak and directionless plus aspects of the company have been downright shameful (Saudi Arabia) as of late.

Definitely a bummer.  I've been watching huge amounts of GB content posted over the last 4 years and love when Dan is involved. He brings a much needed......... something to every video. GB West usually has the more "serious" stuff, while East seems more laid back and full of shenanigans.