An 8-Year-Old Boy Killed Himself After His School Covered Up The Bullying He Faced, A Lawsuit Says

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

That kind of behaviour for 8-year olds is not normal.  Nor is the attitude of the teachers and administrators.

Police have been called at my kids schools for significantly less.

It's not for 8 year olds, but it was likely bred by the indifference of faculty. If a kid could get knocked unconscious like this and then have a bunch of mandated reporters just ignore it, then it's not really any sort of mystery how these kids got to this point.

2 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Jesus, just the idea of a school hiding a video like that should be enough to have everyone involved fired AND sued, and there must be some criminal charges that could be laid in this case? 

I don't see how leaving a kid unconscious for seven minutes after receiving a blow to the head isn't child endangerment. Like, if that happened in a school-sponsored football game an ambulance would be called and the kid would be taken off the field on a stretcher.

9 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I don't see how leaving a kid unconscious for seven minutes after receiving a blow to the head isn't child endangerment. Like, if that happened in a school-sponsored football game an ambulance would be called and the kid would be taken off the field in a stretcher.

Yeah staff would get fired (at the minimum!) for something like this in the school district where I work.

Seven minutes is a LONG time to be unconscious. Movies and stuff make it seem like you can be out for hours and be fine. While even a few seconds isn't great, seven minutes is crazy. Every single person involved should be in prison, on death row even. This was all bad enough without the cover-up, the cover-up just reads to me like people being maliciously cowardly, which is as good as killing the kid yourself in my eyes. We've grown far too soft on those that don't deserve mercy and allow their callousness to kill those who do.