PS Now gets big price cut starting today ($9.99 a month or $60 for the year)

SaysWho?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/01/playstation-now-subscriptions-start-at-9-99-monthly-gta-v-god-of-war-more-blockbuster-games-added/

US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
CAN: $12.99 – monthly / $34.99 – quarterly / $79.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from €14.99/ (N/A)/ €99.99)
UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from £12.99 / (N/A) / £84.99)
JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 yearly (from ¥2,500 / ¥5,900/ (N/A))

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

That’s more reasonable. I’m guessing this is in response to Game Pass?

Probably all of them. Game Pass, yeah, but you have Stadia coming soon and you have multiple other streaming services, plus more companies are thinking about creating their own. I think one of their execs, Jim Ryan, talked about future developments in gaming and why exclusive content will be more important than ever with an increase in streaming services.

12 hours ago, TheRealSmallville said:

Does PS Now also require a PS Plus sub? My PS4 has been collecting dust for a long time, so I'm not up to date on things. 

Nope, PS Plus is an independent service. You don't even need a PlayStation to use it.  It's on the PC, smart TV's, and streaming devices such as the Roku. 

2 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Nope, PS Plus is an independent service. You don't even need a PlayStation to use it.  It's on the PC, smart TV's, and streaming devices such as the Roku. 

I think you got it backwards.

To answer @TheRealSmallville's question:

In addition, you can enjoy PS4 and PS3 multiplayer games online through PS Now without a PlayStation Plus subscription. PS Plus is required for online multiplayer access for PS4 and PS3 games outside of the PS Now service.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/01/playstation-now-everything-you-need-to-know/

I'm somewhat surprised that hasn't changed with the price cut. 

8 hours ago, vaxick said:

8 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I think you got it backwards.

To answer @TheRealSmallville's question:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/01/playstation-now-everything-you-need-to-know/

I'm somewhat surprised that hasn't changed with the price cut. 

So it sounds like if I just wanted to join the service for single player offline stuff, then I don't need PS Plus (I don't do a lot of online mp these days). You both answered my question, thank you!