The wrestling thread: the “Paul Levesque Era” begins… without the sex-trafficking degenerate POS, Vinny Mac!

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Florida given permission to have up to 30% socially distanced, yes! OMG IT WAS AMAZING TO SEE FANS AGAIN!

Seems like a really bad idea unless I missed Florida’s COVID numbers decreasing exponentially. Looks like they’re still having over 3k new cases per day in Florida.  

3 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

The fact that we'll have SOME kind of crowd for All Out on Saturday versus that awful piped in audio the last 2 weeks ... you cannot put a price on that!

I mean, I typically don’t put a price on people’s health, sooooo...

:p 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Btw, at Payback, are they seriously using/referencing Matt Riddle’s real-life infidelity as storyline...? The woman he cheated on his wife with is accusing Riddle of rape. 

WTF is WWE thinking here?

On brand WWE.

They're still high on Dream and just announced signing Josh Briggs (Evolve) who was accused of pedophilia back in June. Probably future tag champs.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, 69los said:

On brand WWE.

They're still high on Dream and just announced signing Josh Briggs (Evolve) who was accused of pedophilia back in June. Probably future tag champs.

The Dream shit is bad. If they actually did an investigation and found nothing, cool, but Dream’s accusers were never contacted or made aware of any investigation. Seems like Austin Theory may be getting the same treatment.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I legit thought Matt Hardy was dead. I cannot believe they finished that match - I know they paused it for a bit and Hardy passed the concussion test, but jfc.

I don't watch AEW so I am only going by recaps and stuff, but this Sammy kid seems like he needs to slow down a bit.

I used to roll my eyes when old timers would say that about guys in ECW but that botched chair throw that made the patented Sabu chair throw to the head look like a weak sauce Hogan chairshot by comparison was so wreckless.

The spear onto the tables is something that I would normally give the guy the benefit of the doubt on, but it seems like the same type of problem as the chair thing. Being too amped, going too fast, and going too hard caused them to overshoot the tables.

Just now, Chairslinger said:

I don't watch AEW so I am only going by recaps and stuff, but this Sammy kid seems like he needs to slow down a bit.

I used to roll my eyes when old timers would say that about guys in ECW but that botched chair throw that made the patented Sabu chair throw to the head look like a weak sauce Hogan chairshot by comparison was so wreckless.

The spear onto the tables is something that I would normally give the guy the benefit of the doubt on, but it seems like the same type of problem as the chair thing. Being too amped, going too fast, and going too hard caused them to overshoot the tables.

They practiced the spot 2x earlier in the day without issues. I think it was just bad luck more than Sammy’s fault, just like the chair thing a few weeks ago.

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

They practiced the spot 2x earlier in the day without issues. I think it was just bad luck more than Sammy’s fault, just like the chair thing a few weeks ago.

I can see that. They should have put an extra table on the rear.

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

The chair shot from a few weeks ago though definitely was on him

While I think there’s def blame for Sammy there, unless I misheard, the prop chair which was supposed to be put there wasn’t present. This was the second time the ring-staff did that which lead to a real chair being used and an injury occurring.

I totally marked out for seeing Matt Sydal show up and I was both concerned & sad for that 1st impression to those unaware of his time in wrestling. I'm glad he's safe & didn't injure himself. Just hope that AEW utilize him again & soon & give him the opportunity to rectify that botch while also giving him a platform to show how he not only still has it from his WWE days but has evolved to be even better!!

As for Matt Hardy, just glad he's OK ultimately after being scoped out at the hospital. Sucks that Sammy gets the brunt of the heat for sure but he does have learning yet for sure, just a lot of raw potential there with him. Maybe put him on the back burner, let him train others who are up and comers while biding time for hopefully Jeff's contract to run up within the next year or so (that goddamn injury/personal time off clause that Vince flexes with talent now that there's competition makes me so mad!) and have the Hardy Boyz have one final & earnest run that ultimately puts over via a fantastic rivalry another tag team when all is said & done!

It amazes me that after a full year of their existence, AEW still hasn't set up any good feuds, doesn't have any well established mega faces or mega heels, hasn't produced any decent story lines, and refuses to create and push their own stars so all the ex-WWE guys get to be on top... After MJF's loss this last PPV, what else is there to look forward to? Who else is over enough (either as a face or a heel) that has you excited to see them face the champ?

This is sad =/

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...