2019 iPhone event at 1 pm today (Apple TV+ $4.99/month - starts November 1st)

RedSoxFan9

Nothing too interesting, but these are good yearly updates.

This stuff is't going to be that exciting anymore. Those days are over for now.

I personally love the always on display. Was the number one thing on my apple watch wishlist. Might actually buy one now.

I'll stick with my iPhone 8 for another year at least. No need to update, still performs like a champ.

I am actually kind of happy that we don’t get “excited” about shit like mobile OSs anymore? All the flagship phones right now are really good, it’s just a matter of personal preference at this point. People not being compelled to spend hundreds of dollars every year on new, often disposed electronics is not a bad thing. It makes sense for Apple, Amazon, Google, and Microsoft to double down on services when hardware sales dip until we’re all Netrunners or some shit.

That being said, “pro” is one of the sillier marketing hooks, but it seems to have caught on so why not double down, I guess. Gimme and Apple Watch Pro, why the hell not.

3 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Dammit. Instead of focusing on sleep and extending the battery life, we get AOD. :thumbdown:

Where you gonna put that battery? 18 hours of life with AOD is really good.

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Where you gonna put that battery? 18 hours of life with AOD is really good.

I'm perfectly ok without AOD. Give me the extra battery life. Galaxy Watch gets over 3 days. Fitbit Versa gets around 5 days. 18 hours is a joke. 

But I'll still end up getting one. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Yeah for the most part, I only upgrade every year because of my lease. Every 12 months I get to upgrade, so I essentially pay about $240 a year for the latest and greatest, not a bad deal overall.

I tend to keep mine a couple years, then sell for a new one. I guess phones aren't super important to me, but I'm used to Apple.

1 minute ago, BlueAngel said:

To each their own I guess, I used to be on the Apple train but their innovation has really been lacking since Steve Jobs. I used to upgrade after my two year contract was up, but that is no longer a thing so I figure $240 a year isn't that bad to have the latest and greatest. At least Samsung changed things up a lot in the last few years, quite happy here.

I switched with the Galaxy S6, but I hated that phone so I went back to Apple after a year. Battery on it was total garbage. 

It's just up to your preferences. My phone does what I want, so I stick with with. And since I have the iPad and Watch, I'm just entrenched in the ecosystem now. 

Phone fanboys are worse than console fanboys, somehow. I browse the web, send texts, send email, and take pics...there just isn’t a meaningful difference between any of these devices for such things. I use mine a lot for work so my batteries get a ton of cycles on them so a new phone is mostly a battery swap for me, whatever new this or that it does is at most icing.