Trump's personal assistant fired after comments about Ivanka, Tiffany

I actually feel quite bad for her. I do believe that some off-the-record stuff should be reported on if it is important enough (national security, giant scandal that would compromise a politician's ability to govern, etc). But to railroad an assistant for drunk comments that are fairly harmless? Pretty obnoxious, by the reporters. I know she was a koolaid drinker like most of the WH staff, but it's still not cool.

Having said that, the press should not be having drinks with political or government staffers. There needs to be more distance between the two.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I actually feel quite bad for her. I do believe that some off-the-record stuff should be reported on if it is important enough (national security, giant scandal that would compromise a politician's ability to govern, etc). But to railroad an assistant for drunk comments that are fairly harmless? Pretty obnoxious, by the reporters. I know she was a koolaid drinker like most of the WH staff, but it's still not cool.

Having said that, the press should not be having drinks with political or government staffers. There needs to be more distance between the two.

According to Acosta, this has been something going on for a long time. Even Huckabee was drinking with the press.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Was it said over drinks or was it said on the phone while she was drinking? 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Was it said over drinks or was it said on the phone while she was drinking? 

Over drinks... she was hanging with reporters. Apparently she never specified what she was saying was off the record and while the reporters there never published the story, they did tell White House staff and that's how it got back to Trump.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:24 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Lol that was painful to watch... you would not know he was talking about his own daughter if you didn't know better... he sounded like he barely knows her.

Hence why you know he's lying. If I had a daughter, and someone accused me of not loving her, you could barely contain my offense, anger, and disgust at such an accusation.