Apple TV Plus will reportedly cost $9.99 per month and launch in November

They just released a trailer for The Morning Show. It looks fine, could be great, could be meh. It certainly doesn't scream that it's worth $10/month.

I don't see how Apple thinks that this will work. How is this not going to be bundled with other stuff? How in the world do they look at the prices for Hulu and Disney+ and think, "yeah, our five shows are worth more than those libraries."

My theory is that Apple "leaked" this high price but the official announcement will be lower. There's no way a $10/month price works for something with so little content.

4 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

They just released a trailer for The Morning Show. It looks fine, could be great, could be meh. It certainly doesn't scream that it's worth $10/month.

Jennifer Anniston and Reese Witherspoon certainly are worth $10 a month. In fact you could say they're worth more than that making this an incredible bargain!

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

I don't see how Apple thinks that this will work. How is this not going to be bundled with other stuff? How in the world do they look at the prices for Hulu and Disney+ and think, "yeah, our five shows are worth more than those libraries."

It’s Apple-tax. The same how they can charge $.99/month for iCloud back-ups with less storage than Google or MS gives for free.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s Apple-tax. The same how they can charge $.99/month for iCloud back-ups with less storage than Google or MS gives for free.

Yeah, but that's tied to the device. If you want backups and you've got an Apple device, you don't have a choice. While annoying, or even predatory, I see how they get away with it.

This is an actual competitive market. It's more like Apple Music, a service that gives you all the same content as its competitors for the same price. Like Apple Music, this is a service that they're trying to sell more broadly. They're making a big push to make sure you can watch Apple TV without even owning an Apple product. They haven't gone all the way to Android or Fire TV apps, but still, they're trying. 

They're also spending $6B on content this year. That's more than double what they spent on Beats, their largest acquisition ever (and one that came with a profitable hardware division in addition to a streaming service). Sure, it's a drop in the bucket for them, but again, it shows that they seem to be serious about this.

A $10/month service with the content they've shown just isn't competitive, and I feel like they must know that.

4 hours ago, ort said:

Commenting on a rumor is pretty pointless. There is no way Apple would ever put out a 5 show lineup for $10 a month. That doesn't even make sense.

$1000 monitor stand, $200 adapter to use a VESA mount.

Apple absolutely can do it :lol: