Cuphead arriving on Tesla dashboards later this year

Pikachu

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-06-03-cuphead-arriving-on-tesla-dashboards-later-this-year

Electric car manufacturer Tesla is expanding its game offerings with the addition of Cuphead to its in-car systems.

Speaking on the Ride the Lightning podcast last week, CEO Elon Musk revealed Cuphead developer StudioMDHR helped get the title working on Tesla dashboard displays.

Last year Musk announced Tesla would be adding Atari classics like Missile Command and Pole Position to the in-car systems.

Cuphead is scheduled to arrive on Tesla in summer this year. However, only a small portion of the game will be available due to storage limitations.

"Finding out that Mr. Musk was a fan of our game was extremely humbling and getting a chance to work with such an innovative company has been really exciting," StudioMDHR producer Maja Moldenhauer told IGN.

"We hope Cuphead can add some classic fun to such forward-thinking vehicles."

According to Molenhauer, the only requirement for agreeing to the partnership was the game ran "super, super clean." As a result, it can only be played with a USB controller, not the car's dashboard touch controls.

8 hours ago, Anzo said:

Yes, it is completely unnecessary. Yes it is cool. Adding Atari games and the like is simply because Elon Musk is a gamer and a geek. I wouldn't expect the game to run well. 

They actually run very well. Especially if you hook up a USB Controller. Keep in mind the Car has an Nvidia Pascal GPU in it (mostly for auto pilot) that can be leveraged for other things while the car is in park. If you haven't used a Tesla screen they are super responsive and smooth to use (pretty much on par with an Ipad).

On 6/4/2019 at 4:37 AM, Dexterryu said:

They actually run very well. Especially if you hook up a USB Controller. Keep in mind the Car has an Nvidia Pascal GPU in it (mostly for auto pilot) that can be leveraged for other things while the car is in park. If you haven't used a Tesla screen they are super responsive and smooth to use (pretty much on par with an Ipad).

I own a Tesla. :p

I would expect Cuphead to run better on more recent Teslas  with the 2nd gen MCU than mine, which is first gen. Hey, if they can get it smooth then all the better! 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:46 PM, Anzo said:

I own a Tesla. :p

I would expect Cuphead to run better on more recent Teslas  with the 2nd gen MCU than mine, which is first gen. Hey, if they can get it smooth then all the better! 

Me too.  Performance Model 3 with the latest auto pilot HW.