Trump says there won’t be a vote on Republican healthcare plan until after 2020 elections.

10 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Americans have often described their health insurance as "beloved".

I absolutely love being personally on the hook for thousands of dollars in the event anyone in my family has an elective emergency, you really get to price things out and get a good deal.

Signed, $5,000+ in out of pocket in medical costs in the two and a half years my daughter has been alive (birth and two ER visits)

13 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

"Premiums (cost)"

He wrote that because someone just explained that to him five minutes ago, right?

“He said “sir you know what they are charging us for our premiums” and I said that’s like the monthly cost that the insurance makes you pay but it’s not such good insurance if you can’t use the coverage you pay for when you get it.”

Just now, osxmatt said:

“He said “sir you know what they are charging us for our premiums” and I said that’s like the monthly cost that the insurance makes you pay but it’s not such good insurance if you can’t use the coverage you pay for when you get it.”

What can health insurance premiums cost, Michael? $12?

I sometimes wonder if Republicans won't regret their all-out war on Obamacare.

IMO, Obamacare is still fundamentally what it was originally billed as: a pretty good compromise between socialized healthcare and a privatized system.  If Republicans had made a good faith effort to tweak the legislation to make it work better rather than reject it out-of-hand in the hopes of reaping short-term political gain, they might have actually gotten something closer to a well-functioning market-based system for healthcare that also manages to fill in the 'gaps' in the market architecture that socialized healthcare systems are meant to address.  And that would have snuffed out the appeal of calls to socialize healthcare for at least a generation.

But they didn't do that, feeling content to sabotage the system every step of the way, and I think partially as a result we're already seeing strong support amongst millenials for socialized medicine.  In the meantime, they've undermined their ability to state the obvious: that having health insurance attached entirely to employment, as it was pre-Obamacare, does not create an efficient market for healthcare, even by the severely limited and skewed definition of 'efficiency' they tend to apply.  

37 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I sometimes wonder if Republicans won't regret their all-out war on Obamacare.

IMO, Obamacare is still fundamentally what it was originally billed as: a pretty good compromise between socialized healthcare and a privatized system.  If Republicans had made a good faith effort to tweak the legislation to make it work better rather than reject it out-of-hand in the hopes of reaping short-term political gain, they might have actually gotten something closer to a well-functioning market-based system for healthcare that also manages to fill in the 'gaps' in the market architecture that socialized healthcare systems are meant to address.  And that would have snuffed out the appeal of calls to socialize healthcare for at least a generation.

But they didn't do that, feeling content to sabotage the system every step of the way, and I think partially as a result we're already seeing strong support amongst millenials for socialized medicine.  In the meantime, they've undermined their ability to state the obvious: that having health insurance attached entirely to employment, as it was pre-Obamacare, does not create an efficient market for healthcare, even by the severely limited and skewed definition of 'efficiency' they tend to apply.  

Republicans have literally spent a decade trying to repeal a law that people like and replace it with a plan they don’t have.