Borderlands 3 | Official Thread of Memeriffic Shlooting, update: PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S technical analyses from Digital Foundry

Mr.Vic20

WHAAAT?  You haven't gotten a Tediore SMG or Shotgun that the description says it can grab (or clamp, forget the exact wording) any surface and become a turret/suicide at an enemy?  You didn't get the Smart Gun-XXL from

Spoiler

killing Gigamind

?  That was one of the best early guns evar. https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Smart-Gun_XXL

Early levels, I loved having at least 1 Tediore weapon, usually the smart gun, on me cuz I could throw that out and have it distract enemy.

6 hours ago, Bitgod said:

WHAAAT?  You haven't gotten a Tediore SMG or Shotgun that the description says it can grab (or clamp, forget the exact wording) any surface and become a turret/suicide at an enemy?  You didn't get the Smart Gun-XXL from

Reveal hidden contents

?  That was one of the best early guns evar. https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Smart-Gun_XXL

Early levels, I loved having at least 1 Tediore weapon, usually the smart gun, on me cuz I could throw that out and have it distract enemy.

nope...well I am sure I must have picked one up but never noticed :( You pick up so many weapons that I almost never read the description just check out the stats. 

14 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

so I am almost at the end of the game and it just occurred to me that I have yet to come across a gun with legs

You probably have but didn’t realize it. Tediore don’t often have the best damage, because of their weird perks, like turning into a turret or exploding into mirv grenades. Weirdly Tediore are often worth more to toss almost as a reload almost immediately rather than actually using them to shoot the enemy as a gun. 

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

You probably have but didn’t realize it. Tediore don’t often have the best damage, because of their weird perks, like turning into a turret or exploding into mirv grenades. Weirdly Tediore are often worth more to toss almost as a reload almost immediately rather than actually using them to shoot the enemy as a gun. 

Exactly. If you think of them like a rocket launcher (massive burst damage) then you can just shoot once and reload, and repeat. I don't use them though, as I am a habitual reloader and I waste too many shots (you lose the ammo that was still in the gun).

Increasing backpack space has always been a grind where more space opens up the higher level you get. You have more space as you’re at a level you’re getting more legendaries that are worth holding on to. 

I wish that that it would at least become unlimited when you hit the end game, when all you have left is farming for legendaries. 

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Increasing backpack space has always been a grind where more space opens up the higher level you get. You have more space as you’re at a level you’re getting more legendaries that are worth holding on to. 

I wish that that it would at least become unlimited when you hit the end game, when all you have left is farming for legendaries. 

I maxed my backpack and honestly I am fine with not being able to carry a billion guns, but I wish the storage on the ship was unlimited

Mayhem is a double-edged sword.  You get loot bukkake, but then you have too much loot and so I spend time having to go through the inventory and mark what's gonna be sold, and then I get more stuff and I have to start looking for what's the cheapest thing to dump (usually pistols, shields, grenades, shotguns) to add something new.  If you're lucky, you're on a map that you can use a vehicle so you can bounce to where there's a vendor to clear space and then go back to the vehicle.

11 hours ago, Bitgod said:

Mayhem is a double-edged sword.  You get loot bukkake, but then you have too much loot and so I spend time having to go through the inventory and mark what's gonna be sold, and then I get more stuff and I have to start looking for what's the cheapest thing to dump (usually pistols, shields, grenades, shotguns) to add something new.  If you're lucky, you're on a map that you can use a vehicle so you can bounce to where there's a vendor to clear space and then go back to the vehicle.

yeah I wish there were an option to order by price

32 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Game is great, but I also can't believe they are still using this broke-ass inventory system. It's a huge pain trying to figure out what to sell, etc. If I mark half my stuff as junk, let me have a "sell junk" button so I don't need to go to each one.

On PC sell all junk is "X" when in the vending machine sell interface.  

8 hours ago, Slug said:

Progress report: Gravewarden is the dumbest boss.  Lord that was tedious.

Yeah. It's, and this is quasi-spoiler, not story specific, just general view about the bosses...

Spoiler

kind of a let down how easy the last few bosses are.  Grave made me think "oh man, these are gonna ramp up into long fights", but they just got easier.  I didn't think the last boss was over when it was, I kept expecting the usual "BWAHAHAHA, I LIVE AGAIN" stuff.  Killavolt and Billy were the 2 biggest pains for me in the game.  I just went back and did Killa after I leveled up more and Billy I found out about where to cheese him.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:23 AM, Pikachu said:

it's been fun so far, but looking at the goals? achievements? whatever they are calling them I can see some of it being a bit of a grind,

Spoiler

things like you need to beat a certain boss 25 times and in order to even access where he is you need to harvest 25 ghost souls each time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm always behind, I'm only playing DLC 2 now.  But that's in part because I was doing Cartel the past few months and was bringing up an Amara character.  I feel bad saying BL3 is my favorite BL because I loved 2 so much and because it's always easier to choose the newest thing, but this is the first BL where I've had multiple maxed characters.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...