Shall not infringe: Federal court strikes down NY nunchuck ban on 2nd amendment grounds

Federal court declares New York ban on nunchucks unconstitutional

NEW YORK — A federal court says New York’s ban on nunchucks, the martial arts weapon made famous by Bruce Lee but prohibited in the state for decades, is unconstitutional under the Second Amendment.

Judge Pamela Chen issued her ruling Friday in federal court in Brooklyn.

:flag:

29 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

Uh nunchucks are illegal in many jurisdictions around the world. I’m baffled at the reaction to this thread.

Seriously... and they are illegal because after Bruce Lee and the kung fu craze of the 70's, fools were knocking themselves out and concussing themselves trying to use them :lol: Many self sustained injuries were caused because of them.

11 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Seriously... and they are illegal because after Bruce Lee and the kung fu craze of the 70's, fools were knocking themselves out and concussing themselves trying to use them :lol: Many self sustained injuries were caused because of them.

I thought you were kidding, but the WaPo article on the topic goes into a bit of detail.

The 70s were a weird time man. New York was banning nunchucks and repealing the ban on pinball machines.

12 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I thought you were kidding, but the WaPo article on the topic goes into a bit of detail, and but that mostly sums it up.

The 70s were a weird time man. New York was banning nunchucks and repealing the ban on pinball machines.

Oh no I wasn't kidding at all :lol: They're still banned in London I believe. I remember trying to buy some as a teenager and was told that they were illegal. Meanwhile every kid in my school had a "Rambo Knife" :lol: