The Mariners

thewhyteboar

On 8/31/2020 at 12:23 PM, sblfilms said:

Clevinger to the Padres. Wow. Padres were already looking decent, a Clevinger with something to prove is a big play.

What's he gonna prove? That he can break quarantine protocols for multiple teams in a single year? Not a sour fan here, no siree Bob.

The 8 teams from the AL are pretty much set, very small chance of it it not being the teams currently slotted. Just jockeying for position.

The NL on the other hand has like 4 teams locked in and 8 teams fighting for the final spots. 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0918%2Fr747259_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Twins slugger Josh Donaldson was ejected from Thursday's game against the White Sox for kicking dirt on home plate after crossing it following a sixth-inning home run.

And this is my favorite salty act of the season. So mad about a bad call that he still gets himself tossed after going yard the next pitch 😂

7 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Just saw that. Wonder if he can come back from it. He’s presumably out all of next year and then FA? 

I think he can still play in 2022 if he wants, and he will get paid. So I think it depends on how spending a bunch of time at home with his wife and daughter affect his desire to rehab and get into pitching form again. 

Either way, it’s been a huge pleasure to see him pitch the last 2.5 years here in Houston. Hate that his time here ends this way.

It just hit me that Verlander’s contract extension may be one of the great deals a player has ever had. He got whatever prorated 2020 pay on 30ish million plus 33 million next season, and he will have played in a grand total of 1 game for that pay day 😂