The Mariners

thewhyteboar

3 minutes ago, johnny said:

Our starting pitching sucks so much ass it’s unbelievable 

Why did Melvin take so long?

i literally was texting my guys after the Brantley bomb “no quick hook please” and bro left the guy in for six more batters!

56 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Why did Melvin take so long?

i literally was texting my guys after the Brantley bomb “no quick hook please” and bro left the guy in for six more batters!

Who knows. His managing had been pretty bad this series and last. Our bullpen has also sucked ass this series. 

Astros win!

BangBangBang!

This is another example of why I’m annoyed the Astros cheated. These guys never needed the help. 

Well, maybe old man Beltran.

It made no sense to pitch Fiers this series. He’s a fly ball pitcher and already gives up a lot of home runs. Astros would have 100% raked on him in these conditions. He’s also our 4th/5th starter anyways. And in the 5 game series with one double header, Fiers had pitched the day before.... so wouldn’t make sense to pitch him on short rest. 

16 minutes ago, johnny said:

It made no sense to pitch Fiers this series. He’s a fly ball pitcher and already gives up a lot of home runs. Astros would have 100% raked on him in these conditions. He’s also our 4th/5th starter anyways. And in the 5 game series with one double header, Fiers had pitched the day before.... so wouldn’t make sense to pitch him on short rest. 

He didn’t pitch against the Astros in *any* game this year and the As

s played nearly 25% of their games against the Astros. It was intentional the whole season to not throw him against the Astros.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

He didn’t pitch against the Astros in *any* game this year and the As

s played nearly 25% of their games against the Astros. It was intentional the whole season to not throw him against the Astros.

You can think that. I’m obviously not going to change your mind. The rotation didn’t shake out that way. Had a scrub on our team not tested positive for covid, Fiers would have been in line to start. Maybe Melvin planned it out from the beginning of the season 🤷‍♂️All I know is that Fiers ain’t that good at pitching, but he did at least one good thing by being the whistleblower.