The Mariners

thewhyteboar

The Astros have clawed their way back to 1 out of first in the AL West, and 4 games back of the top spot in the AL overall. Framber is on the mound to hopefully complete the sweep of the Rangers and make the Astros tied for 1st in the West. And Altuve and Yordan should both be in the lineup after long layoffs due to oblique injuries.

My friend Jessica's husband, J.P. France, is putting himself into ROY conversation, with his now sub 3 ERA and quality start after quality start. Fun story there for the 28 year old rookie.

Happy to see the Red Sox starting to put it together.

The O's are suuuuper reminiscent of the Astros in 2015. That is a group on the precipice of quite a run.

@Brian I can't believe what Hal has allowed Cashman to do to the Yankees. I'm sorry.

I have stopped watching them for the most part. Until a regime change, I don’t expect this to ever improve. NY media seems indifferent to it. I had the local sports radio on and they had a segment talking about how Cashman is a HoF which is hilarious. Yanks are in last place with the second highest payroll but sure let’s talk about his credentials. I have been pretty depressed all summer so it’s whatever at this point. 

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0725%2Fr1040500_
WWW.ESPN.COM

MLB has extended commissioner Rob Manfred through January 2029, which puts him in line to guide the owners through another round of collective bargaining.

lololololol

34 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Classy Astros

Adolis Garcia walked straight into Martin Maldonado’s face to shit talk him because literally YEARS ago Maldonado told him to enjoy the home run he hit, because he wasn’t going to do it again 😂 Bro holds a grudge, and if you look at his stats against every team that isn’t the Astros, he’s a borderline major leaguer for his career, but he’s like a baseball god against the Astros. It’s hilarious. He really did take that personally when Maldy gave him the business as a rookie

31 minutes ago, Brian said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F1205%2Fr1102553_
WWW.ESPN.COM

The Astros are acquiring Justin Verlander from the New York Mets for outfielders Drew Gilbert and Ryan Clifford, two top-five prospects in Houston's farm system, sources said.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Braves showed interest in him but zero interest in giving up high ranking prospects. 

Yankees make one trade and it’s a middle reliever. Why we are trading for a rental middle reliever when the bullpen is already pretty good is beyond me.

This trade only happened to stop the conversation how the Yankees up to that point were the only team to not make a trade since July 1st that Sherman tweeted. 

Yankees are so lucky to have Brian “HoF” Cashman running the show. Can’t wait to hear the defense force over the next few days. 

Edit: Yanks traded for another reliever from the Rangers who are trying to win WS unlike the Yanks so you know it’s a trash trade. 

Edit 2: Brian Cashman on his message to Yankee fans: "We've got a shot, still. Stay tuned. We'll see if we turn those jeers into cheers." This isn’t little league fucking baseball. Maybe Brian should pass around orange slices since that will be more useful than whatever he does as a GM. 

The Astros make a trade for Justin Verlander, and later that day staff ace Framber Valdez throws a one base runner, 93 pitch, no hitter.

lets gooooooooooo

I’m a little disappointed Boston did almost nothing at the deadline, but I’m also kinda over trading away good prospects for rentals. I’m not real sure what they could have done without giving up good players. Story is coming back and Sale should be back soon to shore up some weaknesses. Let’s just hope they stay healthy. It’s not really like I was expecting a deep October run here anyway. They’ve performed better than I expected this year. Still too streaky of a team, though. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Fans like @Brian drove him to drinking

They scratched him from his last start for discomfort in his arm pit but later pitched him in the same game for 5 innings in relief. I wonder if he showed up hammered and when he sobered up a bit, they put him in. The organization is a mess. I’m sure they suspected something and still just sat pat. Should have blown it up like the Mets. 

Verlander day at Yankee Stadium tomorrow, and the return of Jose Urquidy from the 60 day IL on Sunday. Astros getting healthy when it matters most.

also, the Astros finally put Yordan Alvarez and Kyle Tucker back to back, and it’s sooooo good. Pitch around Yordan at your peril.