The Mariners

thewhyteboar

39 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I don’t know how Alex Anthopoulos keeps doing it. Atlanta must be a great organization to play for because these guys are taking way less than their market value. 

It is an interesting deal for both teams, much like what Yordan got with the Astros.

The next 2 years of Harris' career he would be pre-arb so making league minimum. Now, $700k is obviously nice by normal people standards, but he is now going to getting $9 million starting next year. He would probably be looking at another $20 million total during his three arbitration eligible years. The deal effectively pays him $16.5 million a year for his first three free agent seasons. Definitely a GREAT deal for the Braves, but it also means the guy starts getting big boy checks NOW. Sometimes things are a win for both sides!

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

I need Craig Kimbrel yeeted into space like any day now. If he’s the closer in October tje Dodgers aren’t winning shit.

With Treinen and Graterol coming back I hope they DFA him. He’s legit the worst bullpen arm we have. 

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

Yankees will be fine. Just hit a skid but they are too good to stay in it much longer. 

A two month long “skid” at this point.

To give an idea of the tale of two seasons, the Yankees had 53 wins when they lost their 23rd game.

They are trailing in what might be their 46th loss. They have only won 19 times while losing their second set of 23 games.

24 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

A two month long “skid” at this point.

To give an idea of the tale of two seasons, the Yankees had 53 wins when they lost their 23rd game.

They are trailing in what might be their 46th loss. They have only won 19 times while losing their second set of 23 games.

They were on a unbelievable pace. But things even out and they will be there at the end. 

3 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Beautiful. Always one of my favorite parks. I would love to go someday.

It's sacred ground. It's weird to think that the next generation's Wrigley or Fenway may have been built during your life, but I would be truly crestfallen if the Pirates ever chased a new spot simply for more luxury boxes. I hope it persists.

White Sox fans were thinking the season had turned the corner after a couple of nice late rally wins in the first two games of this series

and then today happened

Only reason the Yankees haven’t coughed up the division (yet) is because the rest of the AL East besides the Orioles are also under .500 for the last month. But the Jays may be turning the corner. Could be an actual race in September in both the AL and NL east divisions!

I have been sort of waiting for a Yankee regression most of the season. I never thought of them to be be more than an 89-90 win team and maybe sneaking into the playoffs with the new format. With Tampa and Toronto duking it out for the top spot in the division. They really didnt seem like a team that had it in them to be on a almost 110 win pace coming out of July, but that is why we play the game. I also had Cleveland as the winner of the AL Central because I just pick one due to it always feeling like the one division in baseball that no team wants to win. 

Manfred needs to do his cheating with different baseball thing and get juiced balls into every Cards game here on out so we can see The Machine get to 700

Sort of wish baseball had a going away celebration for Albert like they did for for Jeter and Rivera, but I get it that sort of thing is reserved for Yankees players. Would have been nice to see Arizona do something like give him a piece of the old scoreboard or have Randy Johnson do a ceremonial first pitch to him at the start of the series.