The Mariners

thewhyteboar

I don’t mind a slight change to the playoffs, mostly I think the wildcard should be a best of three. If there were a change I’d like to see happen is getting rid of the divisions and just taking the top 5 teams in each league with the bottom two playoff teams in each league playing the wild card. Really not fair that a 106 win Dodger team could have been sent home in a single elimination game to a team with under 90 wins.

Taking PEDs is a more serious offense than beating a woman, apparently. Personally I feel like DV should be an automatic life time ban from pro sports. I don't think it should generally make you unable to make a living, but being able to play sports and be wealthy because of it isn't some sort of right. It is a privilege and we should have some base character standard like "doesn't abuse women" to have access to it. 

I’m glad on the Jays 2 big signings so far but losing Marcus and now Robbie hurts to see. I would love to see us reunite with Stroman, but I don’t know if there’s any bitterness from when he left. 

oh and I gotta say this is a lot of stupid money being thrown around. I hope the Jays still have a bunch of that stupid money to throw 

Good question if the division amongst owners has grown, could be the actual reason the lockout drags out into spring training. Clearly some owners ready to spend spend spend and want things like the CBT raised.

6 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Yup. When franchise with half the revenue and half the value are consistently bumping up against the CBT, and you’re (reportedly) trying to get the CBT threshold lowered…there is a problem. Yankees fans deserve a better owner for their club.

I wonder if Detroit is going to pull the Texas move and sign Correa too, with Javy playing second?

Or maybe Correa goes to somebody that hasn’t been talked about like the Giants?

34 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Not back to Houston?

I just don’t believe the organization is going to move off their refusal to sign 7+ year deals, and Correa wants 10. And as a fan of the team, I’m glad they are not falling into the trap of looonnngggg contracts. I would much rather them sign a Story for 200/6 than Correa at 350/10.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Dodgers trade for an absolute beast and waste him with mis-management

Scherzers final 6 starts with the Nats - 98 pitches per game average

final nine with LA - 96 average. 

Yeah totally :silly:

really makes sense if you don’t think about it!