NFL Draft 2024: QB First Round Onslaught? | April 25 - 27, 8:00 PM ET

Falcons offseason - Rejected Belichick for Morris. Sign Cousins off an Achilles injury for 4/$180M. Got caught tampering and will lose draft capital. Uses #8 pick on QB Penix who is 24 with 4 season ending injuries already.  

I ain’t saying those are bad moves but that’s an offseason that will make or break you.  That cap hit when they move off of Cousins won’t be pretty. 

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Also this doesn't mean much. Frank Gore tore both his ACLs in college and still somehow played 50 years in the NFL. :p

Gore is an outlier. You see way more cases where it doesn’t work out like Todd Gurley than Gore. 

7 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

As a former resident of Detroit, how the fuck are 275,000 people getting downtown?

No clue lol. They kicked us out at the office after last Tuesday and we won't be back until the 7th because of all the road closures. I'm assuming everyone drove and parked at an Illich owned garbage dump surface lot. 

• Halal 1

On 4/25/2024 at 3:36 AM, thewhyteboar said:

The safe money is always on the Jets and Raiders right?

Well unfortunately for Biggie it seems like the universal opinion is that the Falcons had the worst pick pretty much :p

Like I said earlier, I like the player but the pick makes no sense. Maybe Biggie should be the GM. :thinking:

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@BuckFly tonight :cry:

In...........deed!

The Bills finished the night as they started it...with a bottom 5 receiving room.

They decided to Hasek* Allen.

(* Dominik Hasek, G, Hall of Famer and Olympic gold medalist, 6 time Vezina Trophy winner (Best Goalie), two time Hart Memorial Trophy winner (MVP), and Stanley Cup Champion with Detroit that the Sabres never, ever got help for on offense to put them over the top)

53 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well unfortunately for Biggie it seems like the universal opinion is that the Falcons had the worst pick pretty much :p

Like I said earlier, I like the player but the pick makes no sense. Maybe Biggie should be the GM. :thinking:

We will be okay. Can never have too many QB’s I guess. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think Penix will probably be a better QB than Nix.

The Broncos drafting Nix at 12 is equally as baffling.

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I think Penix will probably be a better QB than Nix.

The Broncos drafting Nix at 12 is equally as baffling.

Penix is going to be very good, it's just that they drafted a QB after spending a ton on Cousins. Nix will be trash and Payton will be fired after this year.

• True 1

35 minutes ago, Biggie said:

We will be okay. Can never have too many QB’s I guess. 

I suggested somewhere else they could run a two QB set. Have Cousins be the QB and then have Penix line up at FB. So Cousins could do a regular pass or he could lateral to Penix and then Penix could throw the ball.

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I suggested somewhere else they could run a two QB set. Have Cousins be the QB and then have Penix line up at FB. So Cousins could do a regular pass or he could lateral to Penix and then Penix could throw the ball.

spacer.png

Get them both injured on one play!  Most Falcons thing ever 

55 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Penix is going to be very good, it's just that they drafted a QB after spending a ton on Cousins. Nix will be trash and Payton will be fired after this year.

Yea I was hoping injury history would make him slide so the Giants could sneak in and get him. Instead, the Danny Dimes era continues!

20 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Even with modern data analytics increasing the value of QBs, there appears to be a huge drop-off between the top 3 QBs and the next 3.

QBs are a huge gamble anyways, the likelihood that Penix will ever be more than a bottom-ten starter is actually really low.  Could he turn out to be an elite QB?  Absolutely, Tom Brady and Brock Purdy defied what scouts thought of them.

But, you're right, spending the money on Cousins and then drafting Penix makes zero sense.

Ok.  I'm gonna pitch for why the Falcon's draft COULD make sense.

If you believe that Penix WILL be a great QB, but needs a couple years of seasoning.   You have Cousins for 2 years, and you can cut him then.  There's no guaranteed money after '25, and the dead money won't be ridiculous.  And you still have Penix on a rookie contract.

21 hours ago, Brian said:

Jayden. Congrats @Slug

Yeah I'm pretty dang OK with that pick.  If he can calm down a little bit and learn not to eat so many hits he has the chance to be be really, really good.

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Ok.  I'm gonna pitch for why the Falcon's draft COULD make sense.

If you believe that Penix WILL be a great QB, but needs a couple years of seasoning.   You have Cousins for 2 years, and you can cut him then.  There's no guaranteed money after '25, and the dead money won't be ridiculous.  And you still have Penix on a rookie contract.

Best case scenario.

But its the Falcons so plan for the worst case scenario.