DOJ readies antitrust lawsuit against Ticket Master

Dimension 20 just had to put out a statement about Ticket Master jacking their $35 tickets up over a thousand. 

WWW.DICEBREAKER.COM

Dimension 20 addressed the dynamic pricing mess surrounding its live show at Madison Square Garden, including ticket lotteries for...

They didn't think they'd ever sell out Madison Square Garden and trigger dynamic pricing. Sucks for anyone that couldn't get tickets.

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Dimension 20 just had to put out a statement about Ticket Master jacking their $35 tickets up over a thousand. 

WWW.DICEBREAKER.COM

Dimension 20 addressed the dynamic pricing mess surrounding its live show at Madison Square Garden, including ticket lotteries for...

They didn't think they'd ever sell out Madison Square Garden and trigger dynamic pricing. Sucks for anyone that couldn't get tickets.

So basically, dynamic pricing to begin with is BS. But on top of that, I strongly suspect that Ticketmaster purposefully holds a bunch of tickets back, only releasing a few dozen at a time. This means hundreds or thousands are looking at those few tickets, so they can "dynamically" increase the price. Then they release a few dozen more, repeat, etc. TM execs should be jailed.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

So basically, dynamic pricing to begin with is BS. But on top of that, I strongly suspect that Ticketmaster purposefully holds a bunch of tickets back, only releasing a few dozen at a time. This means hundreds or thousands are looking at those few tickets, so they can "dynamically" increase the price. Then they release a few dozen more, repeat, etc. TM execs should be jailed.

I've been following the story about Dimension 20 on Reddit and their Discord. It really seems like their checkout crashes a lot. Then, when folks come back after the site is working again, prices are through the roof. 

I don't know if they're purposefully crashing carts, but I'd strongly believe it if they just refuse to properly scale their site. It's such a "happy coincidence" that the time they hope to raise prices is also when the site is being hammered and people in the queue with tickets selected at one price can't check out.

7 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

WWW.DICEBREAKER.COM

Guarantee the big bad of that show will be the Master of Tickets.

• Hype 1

I’ve long felt like this is the obvious case to take on if you want to increase public confidence in anti-trust or just government in general. I have mixed feelings about the recent cases against Meta, Amazon, and Apple, but I want the DOJ to destroy Ticketmaster, and I don’t even go to concerts. Sure, they probably had to build a case and whatever, but I have to imagine that unless the whole company communicates purely in person or through Snapchat that discovery is going to be exciting.

• Sicko 1