My foot is fucked AMA

Chris-

After re-avulsing my Achilles in September while beginning weight bearing, I started to ween out of the walking boot in early January (already a little longer than I clinically needed to out of precaution). After a few days I saw bruising and a lot of swelling...I sent pictures to the doctor, saw my physical therapist, and he determined it was a midfoot sprain; unexpected but not totally crazy given how long I was in the boot. I went back into the boot for another week or so, then began the weaning from the beginning (an hour a day at a time)...As I weaned I continued to see residual swelling, which my PT said would be expected, and that as long as I didn't see any more bruising I should be good to proceed. That brings the timeline into focus two weeks ago, when I worked my way up to being completely free of the boot - residual swelling, but I hadn't seen more bruising in that time, so I wasn't concerned.

Today my ortho took an x-ray and determined I had developed Charcot foot - a rare condition for people with neuropathy (primarily due to diabetes, though not in my case) and that four of my metatarsal bones were broken. So...Back into the boot for two months! I am allowed to walk on it at least, but it is certainly not fun to be that your foot is essentially collapsing in on itself.

• Hugs 6

D!P FUCKED FOOT GANG... ASSEMBLE

@stepee - OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

@Kal-El814 - FELL OFF A WALL HE HAD NO BUSINESS CLIMBING, NOW THE LEAST METAL POSTER HAS ACTUAL METAL INSIDE OF HIM

@Chris- - PIZZA FRIDAY MORE LIKE FUCKED FOOT FRIDAY

@Phaseknox - I THINK HE'S A MEMBER, POSSIBLY PETER TO STEPEE'S JESUS, I CANNOT REMEMBER, SORRY IF I GOT THIS WRONG

If you have a fucked foot sound off in the replies for inclusion in the next episode of... FUCKED FOOT GANG

• Sicko 1
  • Hype 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

@Kal-El814 - FELL OFF A WALL HE HAD NO BUSINESS CLIMBING, NOW THE LEAST METAL POSTER HAS ACTUAL METAL INSIDE OF HIM

@Phaseknox - I THINK HE'S A MEMBER, POSSIBLY PETER TO STEPEE'S JESUS, I CANNOT REMEMBER, SORRY IF I GOT THIS WRONG

If you have a fucked foot sound off in the replies for inclusion in the next episode of... FUCKED FOOT GANG

I’ve been seeing a podiatrist for the last month and a half. My left big toe developed a pretty bad sore that was bleeding and he had to remove a good portion of skin and tissue so that it wouldn’t develop into gangrene. It’s healing but at a very slow pace due to my diabetes. Good news is I get to keep the toe. Does this count? Can I be apart of the FUCKED FOOT GANG?

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

It's nice that you included Phase given his situation.

• Hugs 1

18 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I was originally part of the fucked foot gang, but now I’m part of the no foot gang. My foot was so fucked it had to be amputated.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I was originally part of the fucked foot gang, but now I’m part of the no foot gang. My foot was so fucked it had to be amputated.

Hail to the Chief? 

Sorry man, that's really awful.