Hot take corner

Fizzzzle

Brad pitt is not a good actor and never has been. His most iconic roles have always been "he's Brad pitt." Any time he steps out of his lane he sucks. Sometimes even when he IS in his lane, he still sucks. Like when he played Achilles in Troy. On paper, Brad pitt is the perfect actor to play basically the platonic ideal of a warrior (they should have modeled Achilles after Tyler Durden to an extent, I could write an essay on that), but it turned out like shit. Brad Pitt is good at acting like Brad Pitt.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Brad pitt is not a good actor and never has been. His most iconic roles have always been "he's Brad pitt." Any time he steps out of his lane he sucks. Sometimes even when he IS in his lane, he still sucks. Like when he played Achilles in Troy. On paper, Brad pitt is the perfect actor to play basically the platonic ideal of a warrior (they should have modeled Achilles after Tyler Durden to an extent, I could write an essay on that), but it turned out like shit. Brad Pitt is good at acting like Brad Pitt.

Snatch.  Inglorious Basterds.

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Snatch.  Inglorious Basterds.

Fair point, but I would argue that his looks are a large of it his character in those movies  "look at this absurdly attractive man speak like a dummy" is kind of his deal. it's not his acting ability, it's the fact that you don't expect him to act the way he does.

21 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Brad Pitt is a fantastic character actor who happened to be one of the most handsome people in the world as well as just the circumstances of the industry at the time just happened to be prime for him to become an A-lister. However I've rarely seen him in a role and thought "this is not a good actor." Troy is probably the worst thing I've seen him in. 

• True 1

54 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Fair point, but I would argue that his looks are a large of it his character in those movies  "look at this absurdly attractive man speak like a dummy" is kind of his deal. it's not his acting ability, it's the fact that you don't expect him to act the way he does.

I am not going to argue that actors aren't attractive -- because almost all of them are.

However, I thought he was great in those two movies.   And Fight Club and 12 Monkeys. Good in those as well.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Meet Joe Black

Actually watch The Devil's Own to see him actually play a character.

Also, for fun, please enjoy him as a clueless fitness instructor in 2008's "Burn after Reading". Fan-fucking-tastic! 

• Sicko Sherman 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Also, for fun, please enjoy him as a clueless fitness instructor in 2008's "Burn after Reading". Fan-fucking-tastic! 

Ooooh, he was really good in Burn After Reading. I forgot about that one.

• Hugs 1