State of Play Scheduled for Wednesday (Featuring 15+ Games Including Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade)

Keyser_Soze

11 minutes ago, Brick said:

Kojima's trailers can be so overindulgent. I haven't played the first game, but that trailer for Death Stranding 2 was annoying to watch as I have no idea what the fuck is going on, and it's edited less like a traditional trailer, and more like a series of scenes stitched together. 

That's EXACTLY what it was. Long as hell and made zero sense. Just like the actual game.

Just now, TheLeon said:

I need to give Death Stranding another shot. I’m all in on his brand of insanity, I just didn’t enjoy actually playing that game enough to see most of it. 

It's a UPS simulator with a batshit crazy story. It's phenomenal. 

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's EXACTLY what it was. Long as hell and made zero sense. Just like the actual game.

Quite telling that Kojima doesn't know how to edit as the trailer itself listed him as the editor. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It's a UPS simulator with a batshit crazy story. It's phenomenal. 

It’s the UPS simulator part I have a problem with. My memory of the gameplay alternates between boredom and frustration. 

3 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It’s the UPS simulator part I have a problem with. My memory of the gameplay alternates between boredom and frustration. 

It's completely understandable being turned off by the gameplay. You do get a motorcycle later on and traversal becomes fun. 

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I saw that :lol:

And it was listed like something to be impressed by! :lol: Like, "look this was edited by Kojima himself!", and it really isn't an accomplishment, Hideo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

After a bit I found the gameplay weirdly satisfying.  I set up a ludicrous zip line network for one zone so I could basically do all the deliveries in no time.  

It never managed to recapture the open world mad cap fun you could have with Phantom Pain, but it did create lots of incidental moments where I would misjudge a jump over a chasm and truly fuck myself. 

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm going to still get it and enjoy it but Rise of the Ronin looked like a PS360 era game in some places :shrug:

I thought the same. Like the cut scenes looked good but some of the open world stuff looked a bit unfinished. Hopefully the final version looks better than that.

• Halal 1

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

I thought the same. Like the cut scenes looked good but some of the open world stuff looked a bit unfinished. Hopefully the final version looks better than that.

I mean I'm not a graphics whore at all, but I DID notice it. Ultimately as long as the game play is good (and it's Team Ninja so it will most certainly be) I'll enjoy it... but looks wise? It ain't no Ghost of Tsushima...

• True 1